Discussion: CC Amenities vs. Suite Amenities

CatServants

We thoroughly enjoyed Simon's company. He was charming, warm and funny and seemed truely interested in his guests thoughts.

I certainly don't blame him for his answer to my question in regards to the CC perks vs the suite perks. He was being honest and diplomatic.

Even flinging his epilettes around, he was never obnoxious...just a giddy, happy man.:p

The evening with him at the Captain's Table was one evening we will never forget.

Peter

Simon is quite a cut up. We had large CC gathering on board and he stopped by a few times when we had our parties (NO Pictures he said). Don't remember him being in his "cups" however.

We didn't have dinner with him but he did stop by to give us nice bottle of cognac. Great guy.

Poseidon - We had a CS on the Summit for our 14 nite Vancouver to LA repositioning cruise last Sep/Oct. Alaska; beauty beyond description - you'll love it! As for the CS. I suggested (OK, nagged) to my DH that we book a CS instead of a balcony cabin because of weather. Best idea ever! While others had given up on their or the ships balconies due to cold or drizzle, we could look out that wall of windows for hours (without being bundled up in 10 layers of clothing), completely entranced. Don't get me wrong, the weather was actually pretty nice most of the time, but, its AK in the Fall, so... Also, as you know, like you, we're Cabin Rats; the pleasure of sitting in your CS, watching the beauty of Alaska, while sitting in complete comfort NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER...ahhh, a CS is PERFECT. We didn't even have to fight the crowds at the glacier. We were outside as the ship was sailing toward the glacier, but headed to our cabin when the pushing, shoving, and under the breath comments began (most people were great, but theres always a few...). We relaxed in front of those wonderful windows, saw everything, heard the calving, and sipped hot tea delivered by the butler. What a life!!!:)

The CS itself is roomy and comfy. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. By the by, you'll (the cabin, really) be an object of some fascination to people who see the "bubble" (wall of windows) from the outside. It's fun! You'll see. Also, be prepared to close both set of shades (sheers and blackout) to control heat in the cabin. Don't worry. This didn't damage one minute of our cruise!

As for amenities...despite my husbands concerns (which is why he started this thread), our butler (Arlis) was great and brought us anything we wanted (of course, first you have to know what's available). AND...you can all come down on me like a ton of bricks, but...I didn't dislike the afternoon canapes. I mostly didn't eat them (too much endless food), but my DH loved the sweets with tea. Tell the butler EXACTLY what you want/don't want, of course, you never go wrong with cheese plates. Enjoy!

Peteranddan, Peter - this is the first time I've read that the dining table in the RS seats 6. Really?!?:eek: This would be PERFECT for our upcoming cruise. We had figured we would make it work with seating for 4 (no dinners in the cabin, only breakfast for the two of us). But, if the dining table seats 6... We wanted the extra space of the RS so the entire family can get together (the living room sounds great, separate bdrm, the balcony's perfect! No bubbles;)!!!),we just assumed full meals were not going to work with all 6 of us. But if it's a table for 6, and the butler is up for serving 6, well then...at least 1 dinner en suite sounds lovely! Would the butler consider that a "dinner party" or just dinner?

Happy cruising to all...

Denise

Denise-you and your husband sound like my kind of cruisers!! Your welcome to join me on a cruise anytime...but wait, we won't ever see each other, we're all cabin rats, lol!! Your description of the CS sold me!! You should consider working for Celebrity. I had a feeling the overall look of a CS would attract a lot of attention which makes me feel even luckier to be in one. And those windows are spectacular. I printed off some pics of a CS that someone posted a link to. Every time my job or commute becomes taxing I pull them out and remind myself of why I'm doing it; along with other incidentals like eating and having a place to sleep, lol.

I loved my verandah on the last Alaska cruise, but you are right, it was winter up there and most of the time I froze my butt off. Also, call me a wimp, but I don't like to lean over balconies when the ship is moving out in the middle of nowhere, even in port I get a little nervous.

I haven't had Celebrity canapes so I will reserve my judgement. But HAL's left a lot to be desired. I'm sure they would have been great if they had been fresh.

We need to find a safe forum for cabin rats, so many people came down on me in that thread that I'm no longer reading the responses. Are you booked on a cruise right now? Maybe we can chitchat in a roll call.

P.S. I'm pleased to know you can still hear the glaciers calve from inside a CS, I wondered about it.

Just a follow-up to Zecker's question a few notes above, where are the CC amenities listed? We've booked a CC stateroom for the Summit cruise on Dec 21, and I wasn't aware that we would be given an array of amenities, just priority booking (which often doesn't seem to mean very much on other lines.) This is just our second Celebrity cruise; our first several years ago was in a Sky Suite with a butler and was great, but the suites were sold out for this cruise. I'd be very interested to learn what the advantages are to being in a CC stateroom since I just picked it for location .... ??? Thanks!

Just a follow-up to Zecker's question a few notes above, where are the CC amenities listed? We've booked a CC stateroom for the Summit cruise on Dec 21, and I wasn't aware that we would be given an array of amenities, just priority booking (which often doesn't seem to mean very much on other lines.) This is just our second Celebrity cruise; our first several years ago was in a Sky Suite with a butler and was great, but the suites were sold out for this cruise. I'd be very interested to learn what the advantages are to being in a CC stateroom since I just picked it for location .... ??? Thanks!

We're trying CC for the first time on our upcoming South America cruise. Here are some of the ammenities-

--Staterooms are about 20 sq.ft. larger than standard verandah staterooms

--Welcome bottle of champagne

--Fresh flowers

--Hansgrohe shower head

--Plush robes

--Plush towels

--Upgraded soap, shampoo, etc.

--Choice of pillows from pillow menu

--Greatly expanded breakfast room service menu with many items only available to CC passengers

--Fresh fruit delivered every day

--Afternoon canapes or cheese plate delivered every afternoon.

What have I forgotten???

CatServants

The RS dining table has 5 chairs and on matching chair that sits at the computer desk, so 6 chairs. I think it would be a snug fit to get 6 at that table. You could do 4 very comfortably for a sit down dinner.

Perhaps your butler could set up a buffet for you. The dining/living area is quite large and you could easily sit 5 at the dining table, another 6 on the couches, one in the chair in the living room, one at the desk and four more around the balcony table. Reasonably, you could have 16 for a buffet if you felt that everyone had to sit.

The afternoon tea service was nice to have in the room. The pastries were very good and so were the little sandwiches. Since we had late dining it was a nice taste before getting ready for dinner. We would sit out on the balcony and watch the scenery go by.

One thing we did do was to swap out where the loungers and the table were on the balcony. They had the loungers in front of the jacuzzi, under the shade canopy and the table out uncovered. Since the weather to Alaska was slightly incemet, we moved the table under the canvas overhang so that even if it was drizzling, we could enjoy the outdoors.

Peter.

Peter

We could have certainly done without the use of the butler as I feel that any good room attendant would have done just as much for us as the butler did.

Are you ready for a butler?

Friends of ours (different company) found the butler to be too intrusive. He was 'always' there. He would engage in conversation when the mem sahib merely wanted to don her make-up etc. Jeeves he was not.

We have experienced butler service on the QE2 when other friends invited us for afternoon tea and for cocktails on another occasion - wonderful.

CatServants

The RS dining table has 5 chairs and on matching chair that sits at the computer desk, so 6 chairs. I think it would be a snug fit to get 6 at that table. You could do 4 very comfortably for a sit down dinner.

Perhaps your butler could set up a buffet for you. The dining/living area is quite large and you could easily sit 5 at the dining table, another 6 on the couches, one in the chair in the living room, one at the desk and four more around the balcony table. Reasonably, you could have 16 for a buffet if you felt that everyone had to sit.

The afternoon tea service was nice to have in the room. The pastries were very good and so were the little sandwiches. Since we had late dining it was a nice taste before getting ready for dinner. We would sit out on the balcony and watch the scenery go by.

One thing we did do was to swap out where the loungers and the table were on the balcony. They had the loungers in front of the jacuzzi, under the shade canopy and the table out uncovered. Since the weather to Alaska was slightly incemet, we moved the table under the canvas overhang so that even if it was drizzling, we could enjoy the outdoors.

Peter.

Peter

We're trying CC for the first time on our upcoming South America cruise. Here are some of the ammenities-

--Fresh flowers

--Hansgrohe shower head

--Plush robes

--Plush towels

--Greatly expanded breakfast room service menu with many items only available to CC passengers

What have I forgotten???

Your towels (and matching floor mat w/ "Concierge Class" written on it) changes - different colors every other day.

Personalized stationery

That plush terry robe will say "Concierge Class" stitched over the chest

Leather keyholder

Your seapass is gold (not white)

You will receive priority tendering passes (CC pax meet at Michael's Club, not the Theatre)

You will pay your cabin attendant $4 per person per day (as opposed to $3.50 in a regular cabin)

There might be more .... :)

Are you ready for a butler?

Friends of ours (different company) found the butler to be too intrusive. He was 'always' there. He would engage in conversation when the mem sahib merely wanted to don her make-up etc. Jeeves he was not.

We have experienced butler service on the QE2 when other friends invited us for afternoon tea and for cocktails on another occasion - wonderful.

Been in 3 different suites on Celebrity (PH on Summit, RS on Mercury and Infinity) and never found the butler to be intrusive. They all have cell phones now so call and 5 minutes and they are there.

Very prompt with breakfast (with a wakeup call about 5 minutes before) and would ask us our plans for the day.

Tea service always excellent and if we missed it always left our favorites.

Never saw the butler when getting ready for dinner except when George popped a button on his shirt ;).

Poseidon - We'll be on the Millie, Carib cruise, 6 April 08, RS-6140 (sadly, the only cruise we have booked at present time). If you decide to join that cruise you know where to find us (notorious Cabin Rats that we are!) and you are more than welcome to visit us in our sanctuary any time! I KNOW you're going to LOVE your CS for Alaska! Oh...don't let anyone stop you from visiting ANY thread particularly YOUR thread. The Cabin Rat thread is a fun and WONDERFUL thread that has given voice to many who felt a little "judged" in other threads. What the heck, if you think you're being attacked, change the tone and inflection in your head when you read the attack. It makes me laugh out loud when I do it. Or you could call for Cabin Rats to unite and protect.;)

Peteranddan, Peter- Thanks for the info!!! The family going on the cruise consists of 5 adults and 1 child (as of today, there may be more by embarkation day!). So it sounds like one way or another a meal or two (not including daily breakfast, ahhhh, the life of a proud Cabin Rat!) en suite should be both doable and pleasurable. Moving the (deck) furniture won't be new for me. I hated the set up in our HAL suite a couple of years ago, it took a few days for the cabin attendant to understand that I did NOT want him putting it back to the original design. He, my DH and I had a good laugh about it.:p

Happy cruising!

Denise

We didn't get an extra ounce from our butler. He served breakfast, he delivered afternoon tea and he delivered the canapes. That was it.

He did set up some cheese, crackers, fruit plates and h'ors douervres on the last evening as we had a few couples that we had met during the cruise to our suite prior to dinner.

He even made it a point on the first day of meeting him that his cell phone was turned off at 9 PM each evening.

Peter

Denise

That certainly made me giggle! We always re-arrange the room/balcony to suit out needs. The room attendants always incist on replacing things back to their mapped area.

Peter

You too?:eek: I LOVE meeting kindred spirits! My DH says that I just like to move furniture (that's true), but I don't hear him complaining when everything is set up just so! He does like to laugh when I have to do it again later or the next day. Eventually the cabin attendant breaks down, laughs it off, and leaves the new design alone (until we're out the door for the last time!). I get better flow/comfort and he/she gets an even bigger tip. Everyone's happy.:)

Denise

Our biggest giggle came on our last cruise. Each morning we would take breakfast out on the balcony then retire to the living room to plan our day, or read or whatever. We found the throw pillows on the couches bothersome so would neatly stack them up at the end of one of the couches. Each afternoon, when we would return to our cabin, there were the pillows, each back in its "proper" place on the couch. This went on until the last day. We had placed our all of our luggage that we were carrying off the ship on the couches (we bought far to much stuff and six carry off items). The poor room attendant couldn't place the pillows back on the couches so he laid them all out on the lounge chair in the living room in the shape of a big diamond. Not in their proper place, but well laid out and estheticly pleasing to the eye. We actually laughed out loud when we saw the attempt that was made to make even the pillows look nice in the room.

Peter

Our biggest giggle came on our last cruise. Each morning we would take breakfast out on the balcony then retire to the living room to plan our day, or read or whatever. We found the throw pillows on the couches bothersome so would neatly stack them up at the end of one of the couches. Each afternoon, when we would return to our cabin, there were the pillows, each back in its "proper" place on the couch. This went on until the last day. We had placed our all of our luggage that we were carrying off the ship on the couches (we bought far to much stuff and six carry off items). The poor room attendant couldn't place the pillows back on the couches so he laid them all out on the lounge chair in the living room in the shape of a big diamond. Not in their proper place, but well laid out and estheticly pleasing to the eye. We actually laughed out loud when we saw the attempt that was made to make even the pillows look nice in the room.

Peter

:D:D:D

Our furniture moving in the RS on Infinity was taking the footstool and placing at the corner of the low glass table they had in front of the sofa. Bumped into that corner everytime going from the balcony to the living area (OK, maybe the frig for another drink ;). It was really low, maybe only 2 feet off the floor. You come in, take off your sunglasses and whack.

I think the stateroom attendent finally put a large flower arrangement on the corner so I would stop doing that.

Our furniture moving in the RS on Infinity was taking the footstool and placing at the corner of the low glass table they had in front of the sofa. Bumped into that corner everytime going from the balcony to the living area (OK, maybe the frig for another drink ;). It was really low, maybe only 2 feet off the floor. You come in, take off your sunglasses and whack.

I think the stateroom attendent finally put a large flower arrangement on the corner so I would stop doing that.

:D I have to say, it was a need to stop all the bruising that gave me the courage to move cabin furniture for the first time! Why is it always the knee or the toe?:confused: OUCH!!!

Denise

If I remember correctly ours were silver. I just called home (still at work) to confirm and when I asked Dan what colour they were, he replied Platinum.

So they are silver, white gold or platinum, whichever you prefer...:p

Peter

You could be surprised how much time is involved in eating on the ship :)

True, in a suite, some time can be saved if you have room service.

Breakfast, especially a formal breakfast is well over 30 minutes and lunch is about an hour. Throw in the coffee and danish or afternoon tea, then 2 hours of so for dinner.

Now before someone says 'pig' it weren't me Sir, just the way some others seemed to use all the facilities they had paid for :D .

PS, I agree about watching a movie before dropping off to sleep; I guess that is why some TVs have sleep timers. Unfortunately my doctors advise against watchng Bruce Willis late at night and advise the cruise director or shopping expert. Still I don't have any trouble with that exciting stuff. Two pages of a book and the room steward seems to sneak in and hit me with a sandbag.:)

Peter/Dan-funny about the toilets, you mean I won't have to cover my ears in a cs? Speaking of cs, did you like it? I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to rs, but debating whether the extra 1800 bucks is worth it for just me. I think the floor to ceiling windows in cs will come in handy more in Alaska in September since I'm not one to sit out on a verandah in 50 degree weather. Although that private hot tub sure sounds nice!!

How many staterooms are the butlers assigned to? There are 6 suites on the Panorama Deck and 2 on the Vista; seems to me that is more than enough to keep a butler busy.

Since this will be my first time in a suite on Celebrity I'm not sure if not having waffles on the menu or plastic flowers in my room is going to upset me all that much. I'm enthralled with just being able to get on the ship first and the in-cabin tea service and choosing where I can sit in the dining room. Overall, I will feel special that I have something that about 1900 of the other pax don't; a stateroom that isn't the size of a broom closet.

One last thing, I have to disagree with that other poster; after several cruises on HAL, the suite pax don't really get all that many extras unless you count the suite lounge which doesn't even have a window to look out of. The Celebrity amenities when compared to other lines are numerous. The overall look of Celebrity suites are opulent and very pleasing to the eye. The suites on HAL are nothing more than glorified ocean-views with a bit of extra space; the bedroom wasn't even in a separate room which technically doesn't qualify it to be a suite. And I'm not knocking HAL; I enjoyed all my cruises, I just don't think their suite prices are worth the money.

Stick with Celebrity folks!!

Free Laundry, Neptune Lounge and breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill are enough for me. Compared to the SS (to your definition, not a suite as its not two rooms), the HAL Cate S are superior to the Celebrity SS, and the HAL PH's are comparable to the larger Celebrity suites,

--Fresh flowers

--Hansgrohe shower head

--Plush robes

--Plush towels

What have I forgotten???

I am trying to decide if for $80pp more, we should move from a reg balcony (2A) to a CC? They are the same size on Century and I may have a cabin with a large balcony than the CC's. Do you get priority tender? This may e a lost cause as we will have teenagers in an inside so would have to tender with them. What is the differance in the soap/shampoo?

I am trying to decide if for $80pp more, we should move from a reg balcony (2A) to a CC? They are the same size on Century and I may have a cabin with a larger balcony than the CC's. Do you get priority tender? This may be a lost cause as we will have teenagers in an inside so would have to tender with them. What is the differance in the soap/shampoo?

To be more clear, in my case the additional cost is $32.00 total (two persons) per night for the CC (same size cabin but the 2A has a slightly larger balcony). Delivery of a Cheese plate is nice, but is that something you could get from a room service menu, or is this better because they just bring it at 4:00pm if you ask?

Also, someone mentioned a strawberry banana smoothie, is that something you could get at lunch in the dining room? I wasn't clear? Thanks for any help.

Archived