Roll Call PG Jan 16 & 26, 2008

paulmichael

Thanks for your reply. That clarifies alot. Since you've done this cruise a number of times, what activites bring you back to this cruise? Where would you say is the absolute best snorkeling?

Huahine: Lagon cruise and snorkeling is ok, but horseback or wave runner, but if you are in to snorkeling, do the lagon cruise

Raiatea: Coral garden drift snorkeling good snorkeling

Bora Bora: Sting ray ballet and snorkel safari is good, but too many people for us. We did the blue lagoon escape, it's $$$ but with 4 of us you have your own boat, 26' bayliner, food, dirnk and you are not in a hurry. You get a lot of great snorkleling, then a stop at a motu with bubbly and something to eat. 1/2 daytrip. but it is $$

Taha's motu: for sure do the coral garden drift snorkeling, i attend to do it for the 6th time. you can go to the motu in the am, swim, some snorkeling, eat drink, o and you can drink. then they pick us up take us to the snorkeling, you need to walk a bit, bring bug spray, but you can drift 2 trips, Great coral. need to be some what of a good swimmer, they then take us back to the ship at the end of the day.

Moorea: Lagoon discovery is ok, swiming with the rays, nice boat ride and some drift snorkeling.

Best on this trip is Taha's motu and in Bora Bora. We just don't like being rushed or large numbers so thats way we picked the ble lagoon. I think it's aorund $950US.

See you in a few weeks, I am going over on the 12th, then I will be alone on the first part of the cruise, then a friend is meeting me for the 26th cruise, then we are luckey to say a week after that cruise.

Mike

Thanks for your reply. That clarifies alot. Since you've done this cruise a number of times, what activites bring you back to this cruise? Where would you say is the absolute best snorkeling?

I keep going back as I fell in love with Tahiti and the people. We have friends in Papeete, Bora Bora and Moorea as well as on the ship.

Are thinking and just may do it, of moving to Morrea in the next year or two.

The servce on the ship is GREAT, food is good and it's just a lot of fun, your fall in love with all the Islands and its people and want to go back again and agian. While we have been on the PG 6 times, it gos a lot of places. We did the Tahiti to Figi in May and it was great. see you soon.

Mike

Great information. We used to dive so we are trying to compensate for not diving by doing the best snorkeling. As for waverunners, we have one and go often so we'll leave that for others to enjoy. We will definitely run out of energy before we run out of choices. How I would like to have a trip as long as yours. Maybe you can help with my shopping question. How is the shopping on each stop? I enjoy seeing the local crafts of the people and like to take back gifts for friends. Having said that, I also could enjoy a pearl or two. :)

Great information. We used to dive so we are trying to compensate for not diving by doing the best snorkeling. As for waverunners, we have one and go often so we'll leave that for others to enjoy. We will definitely run out of energy before we run out of choices. How I would like to have a trip as long as yours. Maybe you can help with my shopping question. How is the shopping on each stop? I enjoy seeing the local crafts of the people and like to take back gifts for friends. Having said that, I also could enjoy a pearl or two. :)

Best Pearls are at the pier in Moorea, I don't remember her name but she has the best jewelry and pearls at a good price. i buy something from her eveytime and will do again this trip. A lot of locals set up when we get in.

Bora Bora has some nice shops within walking from where the tender lets us off. Locals will have tents at most of the ports, including at Taha motu, they are the best place to get local crafts T shirts and the normal junk can be gotton in Papeetee and Bora Bora but the good local crafts will be at the pier in Moorea. Be sure to get your French Polynesian Franks on the ship, most places will take US and CC cards but on the smaller Islands you will get a better deal if you have the correct money. You will find that the exchange rate is whatever is good for them at that time and day. The ship will buy back any paper money you have left.

Mike

OK Michael enough already...we are already sooo envious! Hope you B2B and the before/after days are absolutely fabulous. Is Uriah joining you? We are discussing another FP return trip in 2008 or may go on the Singapore to Sydney voyage (not sure which Regent Ship...maybe the Mariner). In any event, we will be with you in spirit. Hope the weather is great and the seas calm...we will be back in the USA trying to keep the economy stable!

Mike (and Bob, and Randy & Russell...the flat-tired bikers!)

OK Michael enough already...we are already sooo envious! Hope you B2B and the before/after days are absolutely fabulous. Is Uriah joining you? We are discussing another FP return trip in 2008 or may go on the Singapore to Sydney voyage (not sure which Regent Ship...maybe the Mariner). In any event, we will be with you in spirit. Hope the weather is great and the seas calm...we will be back in the USA trying to keep the economy stable!

Mike (and Bob, and Randy & Russell...the flat-tired bikers!)

Great to hear from you all. Yes Uriah is going with me I pick him up on the 10th, then we fly out of LA on the 12th, overnighting in LA on the 11th, he is flying back from spending the holidays in the Phillppines with his dad. Hope you all have a safe and fun New Years Eve and a great new year

Mike

Paul Michael, I'm going to be looking for you buying the pearls in Moorea by the dock. That's if I have any money left after all the tours I've booked. :) So any last minute items any of those sailing on this date are planning on bringing will be appreciated. I'm not so great at packing light. The noseeums tend to gravitate towards me so I'm bringing about 4 lbs of anti bite and anti itch treatments. I'm getting very excited about the trip.

Paul Michael, I'm going to be looking for you buying the pearls in Moorea by the dock. That's if I have any money left after all the tours I've booked. :) So any last minute items any of those sailing on this date are planning on bringing will be appreciated. I'm not so great at packing light. The noseeums tend to gravitate towards me so I'm bringing about 4 lbs of anti bite and anti itch treatments. I'm getting very excited about the trip.

I know, we can't belive it is only 8 days away, the noseeums love me, last time the only thing that worked was Repel 100, it has 100% Deet. We leave on the 12th for the 3 day per cruise staying at the Inter-Continental, plan on going to the ship around 11:30 on the 16th, lets set a time to have a drink.. see you in less than 2 weeks

Mike

Meeting for a drink sounds good. We don't get in until midnight so the 16th is out for us. We'll be the couple taking lots of pictures and with big smiles on our faces on the 17th. We don't have a tour planned for the first day. Just trying to figure things out I guess.

Meeting for a drink sounds good. We don't get in until midnight so the 16th is out for us. We'll be the couple taking lots of pictures and with big smiles on our faces on the 17th. We don't have a tour planned for the first day. Just trying to figure things out I guess.

There is lots to see and do within walking of the ship. Lots of great places to eat and the open air market is a must see. We are just going to talk a walk and do some last min shopping. There are no real good tours so just enjoy the city.

see you soon, today I am packing, just think only 3 more days, then off to SFO and then LA and then..........

Mike

Will we still be able to go to the market on the 17th? Somehow I got the impression we were sailing and I would only be able to shop at the market when we returned. Without giving too much information out on this board, we're Susan and Chuck from Houston.

Your right, it looks like we sail around 2:30 am, you will need to shop when we get back. see you on the 17th, have a great flight and safe trip.

Mike

You are in for SUCH a treat. And hopefully you won't have to worry about the noseeums - we had no issues at all except that the bug spray we brought to combat them spilled all over our other toiletries in our checked luggage! Off Mousse is some great smelling stuff, I tell you!

I'm just starting to write some notes and will try to get them done before you leave. We had SUCH a GREAT TIME!!!!

Well it's time, leaving a day early to meet up with Uriah, then a quick day and 1/2 in LA, then off on our trip. We will post as we go, first day, thanks to meeting a lot of great locals in May, we are off to a BD party and then to the clubs, well I think its only one club in Papette, but...like any of you that were with us on our last cruse we are locked at the hips...but at least our tires were full.... to the LA gang, wish you were going along....

Hope to see you cruising with us on the 16th or 26th... wow thats nice to say back to backs.

Mike and Uriah

here we are sitting by the pool at the Beachcomer in Tahiti: the only pc that is working has the keyboard in french; so hope you can read this: eveything is great; PG comes in on wed: will post after we get on board:

mike and uriah

Hi eveyone out there on land. We sailed away at 2 am in RAIN !!! from Papette but today it's been all sun. Not much in Huahine, we walked around town but that took 10 min, now what. It's nice to have flat screen tvs in the cabin, not that we are going to watch them, but just the same nice upgrades.

Tonight is the first Captain Party and then we are lucky to have been invited to have dinner with Mark Conroy and the Captain. Will let you know what he talks about. Nice groop of cruisers, have not talked to any cruise critics yet, but some people got in lat last night.

Well its just about time for sail away, we sail to Raiatea and should get there around 10 PM.

Will post as we go.

Mike

Sounds fun! I can't wait to get back on board. I'm "homesick" too. :p Were you able to see any of the 10-year celebration?

Yes we went down to the pier, it's was great , all the dancers and fire works. it was on the local TV next day. Stars were out, some what, then it rained like heck next day, wind and rain we all got dreanch trying to board. They were very late boarding, norm we can get on by 12:30, this time no one before 2:00, They did let us on 10min eary due to the hard rain.

Well off to the pool, will post later

Mike

Hello eveyone, yesterday was Raiatea, sun was out most of the time and it was hot, very very windy, but hot. Nice little town at the pier, but not a lot to do. We just went out to lunch with some of the Gauguines and enjoyed to pool. Last night we had our Regent SS party, only 4 of us gold and better, so they went all out, not many past curiser so nice party. Mark Conroy and his wife invited us to there home in Fort Lauderdale when we are there in January 09. Very nice open and down to earth people

Today we sail into Rangiroa for an overnight. not sure what we are going to do other than get into the water, eat and drink. Mark told us all last night that we are schedule to meet up the the Voyger and will be able to use our cruise cards to go on board as will the Voyger group come and vist the PG.

Should be a lot of fun as we are both sailing into port at the same time..

They are having a lot of extra fun events due to Mark still being on board, they get of on Sunday so the staff can get back to normal life.

Dinner last night was in the La Veranda, great dinner and I had requested a speical wine we like and they got it on board for us. nice added touch but thats why we all cruise on Regent.

Well it's time to go for a walk before breakfast and then Mark is having a Townhall Meeting for us all to interact and learn more about the new owners and a new ship.

will post after our great day at the beach..

Mike

Archived