Did you enjoy the ATV tour?

luv2travel2beaches

We are considering taking the ATV tour of Aruba. Has anyone taken this tour? Who did you book with? How long was the tour and did you have time to spend snorkeling or on the beach after the tour? Is there a tour you would recommend more than the ATV'S? Please...any info would be appreciated?

We used DePalm tours for an ATV tour. We walked off the ship, and walked down to a giftshop (Atlantis maybe?) and they scheduled a lot of different tours there, so we picked out the one we wanted. It was a half day tour (I think it was around 4 hrs). It was a lot of fun. There were no snorkeling stops on the tour we went on. We got to see a lot of stuff, and had a great time.

We used DePalm tours for an ATV tour. We walked off the ship, and walked down to a giftshop (Atlantis maybe?) and they scheduled a lot of different tours there, so we picked out the one we wanted. It was a half day tour (I think it was around 4 hrs). It was a lot of fun. There were no snorkeling stops on the tour we went on. We got to see a lot of stuff, and had a great time.

DO you remember the cost? How many were in your group? Do they have a web site I could check out?

Thanks for your help.

DO you remember the cost? How many were in your group? Do they have a web site I could check out?

Thanks for your help.

We did an ATV tour that we booked on the ship. It was probably the most fun I've had on an excursion.... EVER! I've ridden my husband's ATV around our back yard a little, but on this excursion we were whizzing along the roads at high speeds and going up and down rocky hillsides. Great views of the whole island. Be prepared to get VERY dirty. And bring eye protection - our sunglasses were OK, but I could have used goggles or something. We didn't stop for any snorkling, but I couldn't wait to get back to the ship to shower!

According to the De Palm website:

http://www.depalm.com/exploring_the_island/atv_mania.html

ATV Mania Half Day

Price: USD75.00

Departure: 9:00 a.m.& 1:00 p.m.

Duration: 4 Hrs

Days: Daily except Mon & Thurs No children allowed

Further into their description of the tour, it states :

• Visit De palm Island
  • Half & full day packages.
  • SNUBA & Seatrek combos. (NOTE: it does not say it, BUT they WILL charge you extra)

Other ATV tours include:

All Terrain Vehicle Tours at Rancho Notorious incl. 3 hr tour w/ swim at Natural Pool

Four-Wheelin' it in Aruba 2 hr tour

Kini Kini ATV Tours half day, morning or afternoon or full day

Thanks for your help.

Like Arubalisa posted, we paid $75 each. There were 4 of us, and I think another 5 or 6 people from other resorts and cruise ships. It seems like the ones that booked through their cruise ship had paid $110 a person.

The tour was a lot of fun....in fact, we are going back to Aruba in January and are thinking about doing the tour again.

Hi,

Were the ATV's automatice or manual transmissions?

They were automatics...very easy to ride. There was a group of people that have never been on an ATV on our tour, and they did pretty well. The tour operators give very good instructions on how to ride, and let you drive around a little right there at the tour place so you can get a feel for everything, and make sure you are comfortable riding it before the tour starts. They give you goggles and helmets to wear as well. It gets very very dusty, so you are a bit dirty/dusty when it is all over. :)

My family recently stayed at the Tamarijn Resort for a week and the ATV tour thru DePalm tours was the highlight of the weeks excursions. The cost thru the hotel was 72 bucks each. My DW never had never ridden an ATV but with the practice and the help before hitting the streets she picked it up in no time. Note that when they say you get dirty they are not kidding. We started out on the main streets and then hit the trails where only an ATV could navigate. We saw some of the most beautiful views of the island while on this trip. Enjoy, I know we did.

My family recently stayed at the Tamarijn Resort for a week and the ATV tour thru DePalm tours was the highlight of the weeks excursions.
How did you enjoy the Tam? We're staying there in December. Email me at the address below if need be.

Archived