A few Crown and or Princess Questions

Jolynn2262

Hi All,

I'm a Princess newbie and newbie to this board. I have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

1. What amenities do the cabins have as far as in the bathrooms? Shampoo, conditioner, shower cap, soap, mouthwash, etc. and is it good quality stuff? I don't mean in a suite, just a regular inside cabin.

2. I have first seating traditional dining and the ship leaves Copenhagen at 8:00 on embarkation day. Will there be a regular dinner served even though we are still in port? Boarding begins at 1:00. I am curious because I know they have to have the muster(sp?) drill and most ships shut everything down then.

3. Yes I am one who will pay extra for the Sanctuary. I don't splurge on much else but I love ship's spa areas. I love kids, am a teacher actually, but on vacation I treasure my peace and quiet in these posh hideaways. Can you prchase a cruise pass that allows anytime use for the entire cruise or just the half day passes?

Okay, I think that's all for now :) . Thanks in advance for any help given.

Hi All,

I'm a Princess newbie and newbie to this board. I have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

1. What amenities do the cabins have as far as in the bathrooms? Shampoo, conditioner, shower cap, soap, mouthwash, etc. and is it good quality stuff? I don't mean in a suite, just a regular inside cabin.

In the regular cabins you will find shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap. No mouthwash no shower caps. It's the same quality stuff they use in their spa. I would say the quality is pretty good. You can also request a bathrobe from your steward for no charge. But beware if you are over a size 14-16 it will be too small.

2. I have first seating traditional dining and the ship leaves Copenhagen at 8:00 on embarkation day. Will there be a regular dinner served even though we are still in port? Boarding begins at 1:00. I am curious because I know they have to have the muster(sp?) drill and most ships shut everything down then.

Sorry can't answer this.

3. Yes I am one who will pay extra for the Sanctuary. I don't splurge on much else but I love ship's spa areas. I love kids, am a teacher actually, but on vacation I treasure my peace and quiet in these posh hideaways. Can you prchase a cruise pass that allows anytime use for the entire cruise or just the half day passes?

You can buy full day Sanctuary passes I believe for $20. You may have to buy it day by day. But this gives you the flexibility to decide day by day. You may have some busy port days with no time to hang out at the Sanctuary.

Okay, I think that's all for now :) . Thanks in advance for any help given.

Have a great time. The Crown is an awesome ship.:D

Beware - in regular balcony cabins (unless it's changed), the toiletries come in small paper-like packages. They're tough to open with wet hands. I like the lotion, but wouldn't use the shampoo/conditioner on my hair - mine is really tough to manage. For the regular balcony cabins you'll get only shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, I believe - no mouthwash, shower cap, or anything else. (Granted, it has been a year since I was on it. Memories grow false, and things do change.)

I was on the Royal for a 10pm departure. The muster drill was held before the dining room opened, and the dining room was open 6-9 with open seating - no traditional seating. Since the Crown has 3 dining rooms, they may still have the traditional times for the traditional dining room, but probably not, just open seating. The muster drill will probably be around 4:30/5:00.

The sanctuary is just a shaded area with special seats and extra snack choices that get delivered to you. You may even have to pay for the food delivery, I'm not sure. You can go into the spa pool at any time without paying for a spa treatment or the sanctuary. As a teacher, I know the advantage of getting away from kids (I teach preschool), but both the spa pool and the aft/terrace pool are supposed to be adults-only. Only once, in 2 cruises with those pools, did I see a kid near the spa pool. The seats at the spa pool are also shaded, cushy, and nice. Two cons to those seats, as compared to the sanctuary: there's not too many of them and they stay filled, and there's no seat-side service as in the sanctuary.

I was on the "tilt" cruise, and still wouldn't hesitate to sail her again. She's a gorgeous ship, and when I went on her, the staff was stellar.

I was on the Royal for a 10pm departure. The muster drill was held before the dining room opened, and the dining room was open 6-9 with open seating - no traditional seating. Since the Crown has 3 dining rooms, they may still have the traditional times for the traditional dining room, but probably not, just open seating. The muster drill will probably be around 4:30/5:00.

(I feel kind of odd quoting myself, but I didn't feel like editing.:))

Two other notes about early arrival/late departure of ship, and muster drill:

1) Once you board, you can come and go on the ship until about a 1/2 hour before departure. Thus, if you're really close to Copenhagen (don't know where the port is), you might be able to see more of the sights, and not worry about all your luggage.

2) If you arrive after muster drill, or have left the ship and miss it, there will be an additional muster drill early on the next day (or next sea day, perhaps??).

Quoting myself again.... how odd!

For the regular balcony cabins you'll get only shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, I believe - no mouthwash, shower cap, or anything else. (Granted, it has been a year since I was on it. Memories grow false, and things do change.)
I love the Lotus Spa products, especially the soap.

Doh!:p Talk about false memories.... I think it's senility here!:D Of course, even in the balcony cabins, you do get the bar soap. And, maybe even a liquid bath soap, though I can't say one way or the other about that. I do like the bar soap also - always have at least one bar unwrapped.

Archived