Current concierges?

fflady

We'll be onboard Serenade for the June 20th Alaska sailing and would love to know about our concierge. I'm so sad that Maritza is gone. She was our first concierge and set a high standard.

Jane

If Rahul is back from vacation, he is wonderful!! I hope you get to meet him.

Hmmm. We were just on the Navigator the week before and didn't notice

any oder other than the normal way the CL smells. It smelled the way

the CL smells on any other ship. Carlos by the way was fantastic! I heard he was expectiing a lot of guests on your cruise. How was your

service?

That surprises me that so strong of a smell could have developed so quickly. We definitely weren't the only ones to notice though. My husband is allergic and could not stay in the lounge at all. We spent every evening up on deck 14 in the overflow lounge. They had a different server on deck 14 every night and seemed a bit disorganized. Everyone was very friendly though.

That surprises me that so strong of a smell could have developed so quickly. We definitely weren't the only ones to notice though. My husband is allergic and could not stay in the lounge at all. We spent every evening up on deck 14 in the overflow lounge. They had a different server on deck 14 every night and seemed a bit disorganized. Everyone was very friendly though.

It's possible that I don't know what mold smells like. Whatever oder

I encountered I just attributed to it being a room that smelled stale,

probably since they can never really open it up and air it out. If

Carlos doesn't smell it it's because he's in there every day. People

come into my store everyday and comment on the smell of the shoes...

I don't smell it anymore.

We thought Carlos did a fantastic job and we liked Chris the server

too.

We have threads started for current captains and CD's. How about starting one for current concierge's? Please post if you know who the current concierges are....

Adventure of the Seas -

Brilliance of the Seas -

Empress of the Seas - none

Enchantment of the Seas -

Explorer of the Seas -

Freedom of the Seas - CL -

Freedom of the Seas - D/D+ lounge

Grandeur of the Seas - none

Jewel of the Seas -

Legend of the Seas - none

Liberty of the Seas - CL -

Liberty of the Seas - D/D+ lounge

Majesty of the Seas - none

Mariner of the Seas -

Monarch of the Seas - none

Navigator of the Seas -

Radiance of the Seas - Willie Salaya

Rhapsody of the Seas - none

Serenade of the Seas -

Sovereign of the Seas - none

Splendour of the Seas - none

Vision of the Seas - none

Voyager of the Seas -

Kenneth is on the Sarenade.

Guess it was my misfortune that Rahul was on holiday when I was on Serenade last week. We were not happy with his replacement, Ken Boodoo.

I totally agree with you!! My husband sat and overheard him telling other passengers on two different evenings how unhappy he was with his job!!! I am sorry he doesn't like his job, but he shouldn't be expressing his unhappiness with passengers. I almost reported it but chose to keep my mouth shut! Needless to say, he put a damper on our time in the lounge and did NOT get a tip from us.

Guess it was my misfortune that Rahul was on holiday when I was on Serenade last week. We were not happy with his replacement, Ken Boodoo.

I guess we all have different experiences. We sailed with Ken about a year ago and found him to be delightful. Very attentive, great personality, eager to please. We'd be happy to have him as our concierge anytime.

I guess we all have different experiences. We sailed with Ken about a year ago and found him to be delightful. Very attentive, great personality, eager to please. We'd be happy to have him as our concierge anytime.

We have sailed with Kenneth many times and would do it again. We found him to be very attentive and was very eager to please. We would sail with again anytime. He was a lot better than some we have had.

Agree with this 100%. We just got off Serenade yesterday and found Kenneth willing to go the extra mile for us.

Just off of Navigator of the Seas and am sad to report that the concierge lounge absolutely reeked of mold the whole time.

We are just off the Navigator, apparently having boarded the day you left, and if there was any moldy odor while you were there it mysteriously disappeared when you disembarked. We spent a number of hours in the lounge (morning and evening) and never noticed any unusual smells. We were in a cabin on Celebrity Constellation which had a very serious mold problem in the bathroom, so we are quite familiar with its smell. No mold problem on the Navigator as of 3/14/09.

Any recent experiences with Allan on Mariner of the Seas?

We were very disappointed...correction: no, we were actually ignored...

LL

We were onboard the Mariner on March 1 and never met him and for that matter we never saw him once the entire cruise. We were in the CL evry morning for a quick breakfast snack and each evening in the Dragon's Lair. Oh well it didn't ruin our cruise in the least.:D:D

ALL INFO HERE IS PROVIDED BY MEMBERS OF CC. :D

Below you will find RCCLs complete fleet (21 ships) in alphabetical order.

The lightened text are the ships without CLs.

The text you can easily read are the ships which have the lounge as well as who is currently taking care of it.

Where there is more than one person listed those are who fill-in when vacation comes into play. If their name is underlined they are believed to be currently active.

You can contact them at xx_concierge@rccl. com, just replace xx with the two initials in front of the ships name on the list. (remove space at .com)

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Duygu Tanel (DeDe)14DEC-??FEB /Robert Madouche- Carmen

2. BR Brilliance of the Seas - Katherine Valenzuela (barkeeps Angela & Milan)

3. EN Enchantment of the Seas -Diego Tripaldi

4. EX Explorer of the Seas - Ricardo Ugalde (Barkeep Ismael - Julius Cloud9)

5. FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge) - François Roux/Willie Salaya (on holiday as of 9/28)

________________________(Diamond) - Willie (until 01/29/09)/Carmeliza Colina/Amit Chattopadhyay

________________________[Waiter, Melvin Gomez]

6. -- Grandeur of the Seas - none

7. ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge) - Karen/Gershwin/Julian Querico??-01MAR

____________________________ (Diamond) - Ricardo Mock/Columella Arandia/ Julian Querico??-01MAR

8. JW Jewel of the Seas - Nedere Reid (barkeep Eva)

9. LG Legend of the Seas - NO CL WHILE IN ASIA

10. LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Anthea Helmsing / Mario

________________________(Diamond) -Mario Adonis Reyes/Pretty Sahmu

11. -- Majesty of the Seas (MJ) - none

12. MA Mariner of the Seas - Fernando Ugalde /Allen Fajardo barman Augusto, Aubrey, Jupiter wkly rotation) [auxillary Joycelyn, Sheldon]

13. -- Monarch of the Seas (MN) - none

14. NV Navigator of the Seas – Carlos Marasigan /Carlos Javier Ortiz (barman Allen and Michael Solomon)

15. OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge) - ??

____________________ (Diamond) - ??

16. RD Radiance of the Seas- Reyno Varkevisser(until late march)/Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (holiday march - late april)/ [Carmeliza will cover until late april]

17. -- Rhapsody of the Seas (RH) - none

18. SR Serenade of the Seas - Rahul Barua/ Kenneth Boodoo (is covering for Rahul who is on holiday)

19. SP Splendour of the Seas – Kelly Rizzaldo

20. -- Vision of the Seas (VI) - none

21. VY Voyager of the Seas - Martin Sanchez / Cara Brown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outstanding Concierges who are now (rumored) leaving RCCL

MARITZA (SR) MOOLAN -CONFIRMED & GONE

RICKY (EX) 08/23/2009

CARLOS (NV)

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Giovanna[holiday-April then moves to MA in JUNE]

Alexandria

Alan on the Mariner of the Seas will be there until June, which is sad very sad. I'll have to see him again. He was the concierge "around the horn" and I think he said hello once or twice but only when you addressed him. At first, I thought it was because he was totally overwhelmed, there were over 600 D and D+ for the entire 46 nights but as time went on I found out that I was mistaken..he just needs and attitude adjustment!! Letty

Serenade has Maritza Moolman

Freedom has Francois Roux (was Navigator)

Adventure has Duygu Tanel (DeDe)

When last we sailed, just thought you might like some last names...

Kevin

Juan Diego is on Radiance.:D

Don't believe Maritza is still with the company.

Then he must be fantastic, because Maritza was outstanding! I hope he's onboard when we sail her in September.

Rahul is great! Maritza trained him and they worked together on Serenade to Alaska. He was soooooo efficient...one of the best:D:D:D

We definitely tip the CL host and his helper! The amount depends on the length of the cruise and how much we use the lounge and the services.

I noted on my last cruise that the CL host was listed w/ prepaid grats if you preferred..:)

The text you can easily read are the ships which have the lounge as well as who is currently taking care of it.

Where there is more than one person listed those are who fill-in when vacation comes into play. If their name is underlined they are believed to be currently active.

You can contact them at xx_concierge@rccl. com, just replace xx with the two initials in front of the ships name on the list. (remove space at .com)

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Duygu Tanel (DeDe)14DEC-??FEB /Robert Madouche- Carmen

2. BR Brilliance of the Seas - Katherine Valenzuela (barkeeps Angela & Milan)

5. FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge) - François Roux/Willie Salaya (on holiday as of 9/28)

________________________(Diamond) - Willie (until 01/29/09)/Carmeliza Colina/Amit Chattopadhyay

7. ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge) - Karen/Gershwin/Julian Querico??-01MAR

____________________________ (Diamond) - Ricardo Mock/Columella Arandia/ Julian Querico??-01MAR

12. MA Mariner of the Seas - Fernando Ugalde /Allen Fajardo barman Augusto, Aubrey, Jupiter wkly rotation) [auxillary Joycelyn, Sheldon]

14. NV Navigator of the Seas – Carlos Marasigan /Carlos Javier Ortiz (barman Allen and Michael Solomon)

16. RD Radiance of the Seas- Reyno Varkevisser(until late march)/Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (holiday march - late april)/ [Carmeliza will cover until late april]

18. SR Serenade of the Seas - Rahul Barua/ Kenneth Boodoo (is covering for Rahul who is on holiday)

RICKY (EX) 08/23/2009

CARLOS (NV)

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Alexandria

Hey you schedule keeper. :) Julian said he is now supposed to join Independence on May 9th - lounge still unknown to us.

Just returned from Brilliance 2 wks ago Katherine was on leave and Betsy Medrano was acting Concierge, she was Brilliant we thought she had been doing the position for awhile but our cruise was the 1st time on her own, definately up there with the best.

2. BR Brilliance of the Seas - Katherine Valenzuela / Betsy Medrano (barkeeps Angela & Milan)

7. ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge) - Karen/Gershwin/Julian Querico??-09MAY

____________________________ (Diamond) - Ricardo Mock/Columella Arandia/ Julian Querico??-09MAY

RICKY (EX) 08/23/2009

CARLOS (NV)

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Alexandria

Archived