Will we have enough time in San Diego?

voyagerII

That should be plenty of time. The airport is quite near the pier---you can stand on deck watching them land and practically see the pilot's eyes.

IIRC they don't even allow check-in until two hours before your flight leaves (I was on Southwest). Getting to the airport by 10:00 should be easy.

The airport is right there ... VERY close to the terminal. You should not have any trouble with a 12 noon flight. I've made 12 noon flights twice in San Diego. The ONLY time this might become a problem is if the ship is very late getting in due to mechanical problems. But, I wouldn't worry about that. It only very RARELY happens.

I don't believe that there is a port closer to the airport than you find in San Diego. It is less than two miles from the airport to the port, taxis are plentiful, and if there's a traffic jam it will not be between there and the airport. And, unlike a lot of ports, the cruise ship port is in the main tourist area, quite pretty, and not off in an industrial shipping section.

Enjoy!

Voyager; you will have plenty of time and then some to make that flight (unless Oosterdam encounters some kind of problem - mechanical/weather/swells, etc.) on her way back up north from Cabo San Lucas). Let's hope that does not happen!

Check the below link http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=San%20Diego&state=CA&country=United%20States

for an aerial of San Diego's port (Check "aerial image" on the top right and zoom in by placing the little white hand in the port area - cruise ship pier is the "fat" one right below the name "N. Harbor Dr." - not the Broadway Pier or the one the USS Midway is tied up to). SD In't Airport or Lindbergh Field is visible on the top left of the pic. As you can see, the port and airport are in very close proximity. It even beats FLL airport and Port Everglades. Following N. Harbor Drive north will take you right smack into the departure area.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived