Deck 5 cabins

hohoz

How are the cat 6 cabins on deck 5? Any favorites out there. This would be our 1st cruise & trying to see if 5 would be good. I figure our DD8 would be there alot. At 8 can they sign themselves out?

Can't say about the Cat 6 - because we choose Cat 7 - I like the fact that the balcony feels enclosed but open at the same time...

But Deck 5 rocks - especially aft - as there's almost no foot traffic - but you are right by the aft elevators for a quick swoop up to the soda area and the mickey pool - and a hop skip and jump away from the kids clubs...

I'm pretty sure they have to be 10 or over to sign themselves out - but check on the disney site and it says for sure.

:)

we have been on deck five (cabin 5130)it was very convienant but I will say that when there was a loud soundtrack on the movie (we were in that cabin for the original pirates of the caribbean) you could definately hear it in the cabin, woke me up once when they had a midnight showing, once I figured out what the noise was it was ok but be aware of that. I can't recall the age that they can start signing themselves out, eight is pretty young, though, remember even though it is Disney you are basically letting your eight year old wander through a city on her own. With over 3000 people on the ship there are bound to be a few bad apples,

Actually I'm glad she can't sign herself out. I seen of other cruise ships 8 yr olds can sign themselves out. I really don't like that.

They can't sign themselves out unless you give the Club permission. It's the parent's call.

DECK 5 IS THE BEST KEPT SECRET ON DCL ! It is the best location in my honest opinion. Stay AFT. It's one flight down (or two) to the restaurants, a quick elevator ride to the Mickey pool, drink station and buffet, and it's a short stroll down the hall to the kids clubs with very little foot traffic or noise.

I've stayed on deck 5, 6 and 7 and I think 5 is definitely the best.

It's your choice whether or not you want your DD to sign herself in and out, but here's my two cents, for what it's worth. Do you really want her walking around the ship by herself? There are crazy people everywhere and you're on a floating city. Don't do it. Any nutbag can pull her into their cabin (God Forbid). She can page you and you can come get her anytime she wants to leave.

Happy sailing. You'll love deck 5 !

Archived