What time can you board?

Bell0407

Hello

Taking our first cruise on 13/10/07 on the Star. Just a couple of questions. Firstly what time can we board? Secondly, when leaving the Brisbane port do P&O do anything special - party etc or does everyone just go about unpacking etc??:o

Can't wait, 7 weeks and 5 days to go!

Hello

Taking our first cruise on 13/10/07 on the Star. Just a couple of questions. Firstly what time can we board? Secondly, when leaving the Brisbane port do P&O do anything special - party etc or does everyone just go about unpacking etc??:o

Can't wait, 7 weeks and 5 days to go!

In Brisbane boarding is normally from 10am onwards, final passengers should be on board by 1.30 for a 2pm departure.

There's normally a party atmosphere on the decks at sail away time, sometimes a band playing on the lido deck.

We normally like to get onboard as soon as we possibly can. That way the holiday starts sooner! Once onboard we usually take turns unpacking and exploring the ship (especially when it's the first time we have been on that particular ship).

After travelling on one cruise and watching the video when we got home and seeing parts of the ship that I didn't even see after a 10 day cruise I made a decision that I would look at every part of every ship I travelled on. Except the crew areas of course!!

Usually there is a party on deck starting about 1 hour before sailing. Last cruise they even gave out prizes to those dancing. It was heaps of fun. We all got involved. Best way to have fun on a cruise is get involved straight away. Don't wait until the last night and wish you had done some things!!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Last Saturday after the Star departed Portside I drove down to the boat ramp at Pinkenba to catch it going by and I could hear the ship's band playing Rock Around The Clock. So there's definatley a party atmosphere as you sail away :D

I always remember there being a band playing on the Pacific Sky at sailaway too. From memory the party goes for about 2 hours, then it's time to get ready for dinner :D

I'm sure the Star is no different to the old Sky in respect to parties :D

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice.

Yes, we want to get on board and start our holiday at the earliest possible time. As far as I'm concerned my holidays start when I finish work on Friday!

As for the onboard party, we will be there and definitely joining in the festivities.:p

Archived