Glacier Hiking - What clothes to wear?

Fire and Ice

Our tablemates did the glacier hiking and they said the tour company provided jackets and pants to go over their clothes as well as boots that fit over their shoes. I would definitely bring hats and gloves. The above was a RCCL tour and not sure which company ran it.

We did just the glacier landing with Temesco and it was wonderful.

We'll be hiking on the glacier and need to know what kind of pants and clothing are appropriate. I've heards layers....but would jeans and perhaps long underwear be okay? Or just jeans with layers and a jacket?

We did the 2 hour glacier trek with Northstar Trekking in May. We wore jeans, sweatshirt and a zip up fleece. They provide you with everything else - jacket, boots, crampons, rain pants and helmet. We were very warm by the time we were finished and couldn't wait to take off the heavy jacket. Make sure you have sunglasses, the glacier can be bright even if it is overcast. Have a great time!

I did a 5 hour glacier hike, and did not take any long underwear, I don't like jeans either, tend to get and stay damp. I had a t shirt and my removable lined lightweight jacket. That was all I needed. I took a small empty back pack in case the lining had to go. :)

Archived