'New Cruises' for 2008

tom_uk

I've had an email from Cruise Kings advising that Oceana's cruise on 8 June 2008 has been changed from a continental Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Belgium) cruise to a Norwegian fjords cruise (same dates, typical 7 night fjords itinerary), and that Arcadia's 14 November Mediterranean cruise has been shortened to 12 nights, delayed to 16 November, and a new 2 night Weekender slotted-in on 14 November. These will all be available from 1 September.

Assuming that Cruise King's informaton is right, does anyone know why these changes have been made?

I've had an email from Cruise Kings advising that Oceana's cruise on 8 June 2008 has been changed from a continental Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Belgium) cruise to a Norwegian fjords cruise (same dates, typical 7 night fjords itinerary), and that Arcadia's 14 November Mediterranean cruise has been shortened to 12 nights, delayed to 16 November, and a new 2 night Weekender slotted-in on 14 November. These will all be available from 1 September.

Assuming that Cruise King's information is right, does anyone know why these changes have been made?

Hi Tom,

For the Arcadia one in November they are missing out Monte Carlo, could this be the reason for the change. Something happening there next November?? If it were the case you think they would just substitute a different port.

Not a cruise that would fill up quickly, well not in November.

I suppose it is better to do something now rather than have a late change which sometimes upsets people.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

BTW The prices look very good with a balcony for less than £100 a day.

Not a cruise that would fill up quickly, well not in November.

Maybe that's the reason, in fact: rather than just drop prices on the 14-night cruise, they can cut it to 12 nights, cut the price (thus attracting more passengers) but maintain the per diem rate, and add a Weekender which they know will sell out.

The other weird thing - well, for me at least - is that if the Oceana 8 June cruise had been a fjords cruise in the 1st edition brochure, I'm sure that's the one we would have booked. We've been on a ship visit to Oceana and we fancy a fjords cruise so that one would have had all the right signs twinkling away for it. Instead, because I couldn't find a fjords cruise on the ship we wanted for the right date I started looking through the brochure in detail, and two hours later I'd booked a 12-nighter on Ventura! Strange how things work out.

The other weird thing - well, for me at least - is that if the Oceana 8 June cruise had been a fjords cruise in the 1st edition brochure, I'm sure that's the one we would have booked. We've been on a ship visit to Oceana and we fancy a fjords cruise so that one would have had all the right signs twinkling away for it. Instead, because I couldn't find a fjords cruise on the ship we wanted for the right date I started looking through the brochure in detail, and two hours later I'd booked a 12-nighter on Ventura! Strange how things work out.

Tom

Ahh but you win 12 is much better than 7, whatever the ship or where you are going:D:D

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Archived