Is it me or should speedo's be banned.

Coco Loco

Should speedo's be banned  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should speedo's be banned

• Yes
    • No

Absolutely NOT!

One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen was on the beach in South Beach.

This beautiful specimen in a red Speedo came walking up out of the ocean in slow motion and I swear the theme song from "Chariots of Fire" was playing in the background.

He was so beautiful and so perfect it brought tears to my eyes.

Please, no, let the Speedo live!

PS. Don't forget about those cute Olympians in the Speedos.

You are too funny... if that's what you like to see, you go girl!!:D :D :D I'll send them all your way :p

I would LOVE that.... are you paying???? LMAO

No, I am not paying. The cruise lines give us a cruise AND pay us; can't think of much better than that. But remember now, it is work:rolleyes:

Help me out, what does LMAO mean? I am new to the boards.

Linda

No, I am not paying. The cruise lines give us a cruise AND pay us; can't think of much better than that. But remember now, it is work:rolleyes:

that type of work can be addicting. how many drinks will they pay me with to have to do this?:eek:

that type of work can be addicting. how many drinks will they pay me with to have to do this?:eek:

I don't know about the drinks? I was banned from drinking about 2 months ago. Didn't have an alcohol problem (except on cruises), but do have a sugar problem. So, the drinks you would have to work out and I will work out the spa treatments. If you can't have something (sugar and flour in my case), you must replace it with something else (spa treatments in my case):rolleyes:

And my husband thought that by not buying alcohol on trips we would save money. Little did he know:p .

Linda

oh my... my friend has the sugar issue as well but she goes easy on the bacarddi and diet cokes and there are no sugar/carbs in it and her dr said it was ok.

the spa is quite $$$ cheaper to drink if you ask me!:D

oh my... my friend has the sugar issue as well but she goes easy on the bacarddi and diet cokes and there are no sugar/carbs in it and her dr said it was ok.

the spa is quite $$$ cheaper to drink if you ask me!:D

I don't like mixed drink, beer or wine; my choice was blended/foo foo drinks - pina colodas, java colodas, drinks of the day, etc. So, it is easier just to not have them and do the spa thing. Oh, I can make anything expensive:D

Linda

Those guys in that photo that someone said "need a lift" -perhaps they might try the oft mentioned duct tape OUCH As far as swimwear being policed, i was wondering when this would come up in light of some of the other attire discussions. I guess we all have so many body issues that we dare not point the finger(or any other part:D ) at anyone else except in jest, because there sure are plenty of things to rival the dreaded j__ns in the dining room that are on display by the pool! Of course ,these things have not been codified by the cruise line-They wouldn't know where to start! Like I've said before ,these cruise ships ain't Baywatch,thank the Lord for most of us!

I live in a 4 speedo household.

My son wears a Daniel Craig, and the husband wears a little speedo. My girls both have speedo bathing costumes, as this is what you have to wear when you want to do "proper" swimming.

Before we went on our first cruise (last year), a friend who is a water polo player, and had lived in New York advised my husband not to wear his speedo in public, as people would think he was a raging puffter!

So on the ship he would quickley get into the pool(in speedos), do his laps with the wave machine, get out, and very quickley put a pair of shorts over the top.

My son, on the other hand just wore his Daniel Craigs... (he's a good looking lad with a good body...not that I am biased).

Now, last year someone on the Princess Boards sparked controversly, by posting a picture of bathing costume called a weasel..let me see if I can find a picture of one....

here you are...

[ATTACH]54599[/ATTACH]

wonder what method of waxing she used?......

Bigd

1959029162_bigW.jpg.b4a0e9b5ef17d8e49099a23544623a62.jpg

:D I'm guessing more guys like the "weasel ?" than women like the speedo. I don't think its just about how good a guy looks. I think it comes down to that essential difference in how "visual" men are sexually compared to women. Alot of guys can never see too much as long as it looks good whereas many women who certainly appreciate a good bod may be a little embarrassed to have to come face to...well..you know...with such an obvious display of a guy's assets. Alot of gals just find it plain vulgar looking though this is certainly a matter of opinion. After all ,some of the things we women avoid at all costs like vpl or a peek of hair in the wrong spot ,many men find enticing. We are just WAY different that way!:o

I don't see anything wrong with Speedos. I'm surprised at how many people are SO uncomfortable with seeing the outline of a male body part -it's another part of the human body! ;)

They're ok with me, because they tend to provide either entertainment or eye-candy. :D

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"Mae West

Fat hairy guys in Speedos are something even most men find repugnant.

It's a good thing Speedos aren't all that popular they could bring back the cod piece as a fashion statement!

Those guys in that photo that someone said "need a lift" -perhaps they might try the oft mentioned duct tape OUCH As far as swimwear being policed, i was wondering when this would come up in light of some of the other attire discussions. I guess we all have so many body issues that we dare not point the finger(or any other part:D ) at anyone else except in jest, because there sure are plenty of things to rival the dreaded j__ns in the dining room that are on display by the pool! Of course ,these things have not been codified by the cruise line-They wouldn't know where to start! Like I've said before ,these cruise ships ain't Baywatch,thank the Lord for most of us!

Oh, believe me you, I leave a lot to be desired. I am sure people have made comments about me and that I shouldn't even be in a swimsuit (it is very conservative, but I am quite large). But, I do think I would take that kind of job (said in jest). Maybe there are volunteers for policing the dining rooms, the excursions, etc:D .

I am just trying to help the economy but creating neadless but fun jobs for us:rolleyes: .

Linda

Okay...speaking of speedos and eeeeewwwwwww, here is a speedo story... read post 21.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=562383&page=2

:o

I've read that before, thanks for sharing it here :D

I don't love to see men in speedos or women in thongs, even when they have a nice body. I just think it's sexier to leave something to the imagination, rather than flaunting all your bits. But we all have our preferences ;)

My disgusting speedo story has been told here a few times. An older gent, accent obviously European (German I think) heavy set, the speedo was elastically challenged. While it was quite something to observe, kind of like a car wreck, you couldn't help yourself, we had a hysterical time watching all the people walking past him and their reactions. Everyone got to see what should have only been shared with his wife and his doctor.

Stateside at the beach I think he may have been arrested and had to register as an offender for the rest of his life.

If you're gonna wear a Speedo, make sure it has some elasticity left and that it fits you, too small is horrid.

The one Daniel Craig is wearing I would not even consider to be a Speedo in the same light as what comes to my mind when I think of Speedos.

Archived