New area of disturbed weather has the potential for tropical development.

Cinedan

todays report is better...says 921 doesn't look like it will develop:cool:

read that on the outlook on noaa.com

Here's the latest on that tropical wave:

From NOAA

...TROPICAL WAVES...TROPICAL WAVE IS FROM 5N51W TO 21N56W MOVING W 15-20 KT. ALTHOUGH THIS WAVE HAS A WELL DEFINED INVERTED-V CURVATURE TO A RATHER HIGH AMPLITUDE THERE IS NO ASSOCIATED DEEP CONVECTION. TROPICAL WAVE IS ALONG 69W S OF 29N MOVING W 15-20 KT. VERY BROAD HIGH AMPLITUDE WAVE WITH A WELL DEFINED INVERTED-V CURVATURE. THIS IS HAS MOVED INTO AN AREA NOT FAVORABLE FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT. CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED SHOWERS/ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE WITHIN 120/150 NM OF LINE FROM 19N61W 28N68W TO THE BAHAMAS NEAR 23N75W. NO ASSOCIATED CONVECTION IN THE CARIBBEAN.

Looks like not much to concern ourselves with...

Wheeeeeeeew! Thank goodness that the major Caribbean ports, maybe with the exception of Costa Maya, have been spared for the most part and will return to operations within 1-3 days.

That's too close of a call God. I'll do better..........just let me take my cruise as planned.

Really....I am so thankful that only 2 deaths that I know of resulted from Dean to date and pray that the area that is about to be hit will come out with no loss of life. That's far more important than my cruise.

i know what you mean. my first cruise is in 5 days and i was upset about Dean maybe ruining it. but then i thought of what others have lost. my cruise is inanamate to what the Carribeans lost. and now, its over and it could have been alot worse. now if the Gulf coast can survive....and if mother nature can keep her cool for awhile, my and many others cruises can be spared this next week. oh and for the resident of Flordia, you guys are supposed to get quite a bit of rain next week it seems. course that could all change by tomorrow...

The best way to find all you need from the real weather guys who dont repackage someone else's forecast, go to http://www.weather.gov/ or for hurricane information go to: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ .

Yep... start out at noaa.gov and you can navigate to any government weather site you want from there.

I have a hard time with weather spinners who seem to have some agenda buried beneath a simple forecast.

Every time I watched the coverage of Dean on Fox News it sounded like Grand Cayman was going to be destroyed even AFTER the islands were out of the woods... pathetic... and I LIKE Fox News!

Archived