Which cruise stop - Mo Bay or Ocho?

Emmabelle

In my opinion ocho rios........ right at dunns river falls, you can do dunns river from mo bay but its about a 2 1/2 hour ride. To me mo bay really nasty and more pushy people there. However they are still pushy in ocho rios

You really need to look at the options available for both. If you doubt you will be back to Jamaica again, or not anytime soon then I would recommend Ocho Rios and Dunn's River Falls. I really pity those that do the DRF from MoBay. Spending five hours to make the round-trip bumping along on a dusty Jamaican road isn't my idea of a fun day in port. :(

You cannot just walk around in either port unless you are prepared to deal with aggressive vendors, drug pushers and garden variety hucksters. From that standpoint I really don't see a difference between the two.

I was thinking of it as more of a beach stop, I'm not sure that I'd like Dunn's, sounds like alot of work. I actually whine when I have to climb the slides at Typhoon Lagoon. My husband and son would love it, but I think my daughter may complain about the climbing also. I guess I was wondering if either stop was safer than the other. Sounds like we should pick the stop with Ocho Rios. :)

WE are going on the Liberty in April and that goes to MoBay. I don't like Jamaica, so we finally decided to go to Doctor's Cave. $5 to get in and from what I have read, not a lot of locals around. So we are going to head there and spend the day.

Alot also go to Sunset Beach, but it is like $40 pp to get in there for adults. I don't want to do that as I never eat when we go to the islands so it is a waste of money for me. So we chose Dr Cave as DH can get something to eat and I can just relax.

The falls are fun, but they do take some work to climb. When you are done, you also have to go through an area with all the locals with their shops and I don't like that. To much grabbing at me instead of just letting me look.

Archived