Has anyone tried the Sea Trek Helmet Dive?

mswolffan

I've been reading about the Sea Trek Helmet Dive in Cozumel and wondered if anyone has tried it and how they liked it? I don't swim very well and I can't get past the idea of being under water with only a snorkle tube -- I thought the sea trek would be the lesser of two evils -- at least I would be able to enjoy something of the beautiful underwater scenes. Also, on one of the excursion sites they said they did not take anyone with diabetes--what would be the problem if you had diabetes?? Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have been scuba diving and cruising the carribean for many many years. 2 years ago we took my mother on the Victory, to St Thomas and she did a Sea Trek helemt dive. My mom was 63 and is kinda afraid of water, she has never been in water over her head. I had been saying that alot of the true beauty of the carribean is found UNDER all that water. So she wanted to see it.

She went first...had alot of help from the staff and loved every minute of it. She was never afraid and always felt safe. She has raved about this SEA TREK as a great part of her trip.

Thanks - I have decided Sea Trek is a must sea in cozumel. Your mom is my age and I just can't get past the idea of sucking water in my snorkel tube - I'd probably panic and drown, so the Sea Trek is the way to go.

Archived