Best deal on Tequila

labwizz

We found the prices on Tequila and Kahlua the lowest in some of the grocery stores in Mexico. DH likes El Hemador, Chamuchos and Heradura none of which are easy to find in NY. Kahalua was cheaper than at duty free in the airport.

Cheap tequila in Costco??? :mad: Dang the state of Washington and our state run liquor stores.

I'll be on the hunt for a tequila I tried at my boss' house. It was almost flavored, in a blue bottle, and I think called something like Del Reyes. Anybody know it, where I can get it, how much I can expect to pay? Thanks in advanced for the info.

PS - what is the customs allowance on booze? Hmmmm

any suggestions on Kahalua not interested in tequila as much.

Unlike Tequila, I have seen Kahalua consistently less expensive in Mexico. As mentioned above, Mexican grocery stores are a good place for bargains since they don't cater to tourists. You should still get a decent price at liquor stores in tourist areas though.

Best deal on Tequila in Vallarta is usually found at any of the La Playa or Super La Playa liquor stores. There is one by the Sheraton Hotel and Mega (comercial mexicana) in the hotel zone. Easy to get to via bus from in front of the cruise ship marina. Just walk out to the main road and wait in front of the white concrete wall across from the PeMex gas station. Take any bus (blue and white, green or white) that is marked Centro on the front- 4 pesos (roughly 40 cents US) and get off in front of Comercial Mexicana grocery store. Club del sol is across the street and Super La Playa is next door.

You can also just take this bus downtown and walk around that whole area on your own- there is another La Playa liquor store one block up (away from the ocean, on Juarez) behind Rolling Stones leather shop.

Also in the downtown area (Malecon/boardwalk) are some other tequila tasting bars/shops where you can try flavored tequilas, although the price may be a little higher.

Here is a link to tequila info- very helpful on selecting a type or brand.

http://www.itequila.org/types.htm

Archived