piano bar on Nautica

chicouple

Just curious if someone can give me some feedback on the piano bar (and music in general) on the Nautica. We are thinking of taking a cruise on this ship next July in Europe. We are a couple in our early 50's and we have cruised on other lines like Celebrity, RCL, and Princess, but not on the Oceania. I know the Oceania line will probably have a bit "older" group of passengers, but what about the music in general? Will the piano bar be quiet music (easy listening? classical?) or more typical of a piano bar with show tunes, passengers singing along, etc.?

I think they did an outstanding job. The Pianist was wonderful. He played everything. There was musical trivia. Beatles to Classical. Sing-a-longs a few of the nights. Pre-dinner was more jazz and standards inspired. There were a huge mix of ages on Nautica - June was Istanbul to Athens.

We've been on the Nautica and both times were lucky enough to have Jerry Blane at the piano. He's one of the "old school" of what you might call "Saloon Players" who has a talent for reading a room and picking the right tunes that all will enjoy.

Hope you are just as lucky!! :D

Archived