Carlos & Charlies for kids???

karenh1127

Is Carlos & Charlies an acceptable place to bring young children?? Would they see something they shouldnt or is is mostly just loud and dancing on the tables? It sounds like alot of fun but would like to know if it is approriate for kids 8 yo?

Thanks for the input! My sister went there for her honeymoon (Cozumel) and said they have a big toilet that you can take pics by. She also suggested the Blue Parrot where they have swings for bar stools. Can you suggest anywhere fun for us but acceptable for the kids too?

The Blue Parrot that it sounds like your describing is in Playa Del Carmen. I would not recommend either of these Bar/Restaurants for children. The truth is that it could be acceptable one time and totally not appropriate the next.

I really wasnt aware that either of these places were bars. I assume from all the posts that they are full serve restaurants. Of course I would never take my kids to a bar!

I hope I didn't sound too harsh. C and C's is also a restaurant, but it seems the major focus there is on drinking, the more the better for some. I've seen people that needed help to stumble back to the ship after spending time there. I'm not against drinking, but not to excess and especially not in Cozumel where there are so many other things to do there that you can't do just anywhere else. Diving comes to mind for me.

Not to worry! I am glad for the info because I dont think we will be going there. We like the occasional drink or beer but we are not big drinkers. I did all that in college and now I am 39 and dont wont to kiss the porcelin(sp?) bus!! Been there, done that! We will stick with the jeep tour and some beach time. Thanks!

When we went there Dec 2002 we were 5 women ages 38 to 60 --one was diabetic and that was the only place we could find food late in the evening -- it was a cross between "Girls ...& Old Drunk Guys Gone Wild". Two of our friends had never even been to New Orleans, so it was really a culture shock for them! It was so funny to watch them watching the going's on -- but I would highly recommend you find some place else to take the kids - it was definitely "adult" entertainment!

Instead of a restaurant , take the kids to Paradise Beach. They'll have a great time and so will you. The beach is lined with umbrellas and lounge chairs and there are plenty of water toys: floating mats, trampoline, rock climbing float, snorkeling..... If you want anything to eat or drink they have very friendly waiters that will serve you at your lounge chair. We went here in August while cruising on the Explorer of the Seas with our kids and everyone had a great time! You can get there by taxi...about 10 mins from the pier. We're going on the Glory in November, this time without kids and plan to go there again.

MK3HAWKINS.........Cozumel mini golf is awesome!! It is in the middle of the city but when you climb the steps at the entrance, it's like entering a tropical rain forest. The course is spotless. The owners are wonderful. You get to choose music that will play over the speakers while you play golf. They give you walkie talkies so that you can order ice cold beer, sangria, soda, or water, while you play. The prices are very reasonable and I can't imagine having a bad time there.

We went with my three children (14, 12, and 7) in Feb of this year and had a great time!

What about taking sons 20years and 17years? Appropriate or not?

That would depend on the kids and you. Are you going to let them drink too? Do you care if they see others getting drunk and loud?

In my opinion, you are in a tropical paradise, you should do something there that you could only do there, like discover scuba, snuba, snorkeling, or rent a car and explore the island. That some people make such a big deal of going to a bar and drinking, sometimes way too much when they are in Coz is beyond my sensibilities. Drink on the ship, explore on land.

Of course, your values may be different and you are completely welcome to do as you think best. For me, that means scuba diving.

Cozumel above water photos

dolphin swim photos

Cozumel Underwater photos.

I suggest doing something as a family - PB or Mini Golf - then take the kiddos back to the ship to Camp Carnival - make sure you check the hours. They you can go back and chek it out. I personally wouldn't drink too much because you want ot make sure you are back on the ship when it sails. That way you would get a chance to check it out. By the time you drop the kids off the action will be in full force at C&C's.

I didn't think C & Cs was too bad during the day. If I had kids I would take them there for lunch or late lunch no problem. The most they would probably see if people standing on their chairs clapping & dancing, or a conga line. But no serious drinking, rowdiness or getting naked! :eek: lol After dark it gets crazy & there is no way in hell I would take anybody under 21 in there.

Senor Frogs as far as I remember was just a bar & dance floor, no restaurant area, so would definitely avoid that with the kiddos.

~Sharon~

I didn't think C & Cs was too bad during the day. If I had kids I would take them there for lunch or late lunch no problem. The most they would probably see if people standing on their chairs clapping & dancing, or a conga line. But no serious drinking, rowdiness or getting naked! :eek: lol After dark it gets crazy & there is no way in hell I would take anybody under 21 in there.

Senor Frogs as far as I remember was just a bar & dance floor, no restaurant area, so would definitely avoid that with the kiddos.

~Sharon~

We were at C & C's during the day and IMHO, I would not have wanted any of my kids in there.....it would have just been too much for them. Even if people aren't "getting naked", anyone who is getting a shot is getting groped at the very least! Now Paradise Beach was excellent, the adults can have a nice frozen drink and the kids can have soda, nachos, and lots of water toys to play on.

Again, just my opinion....

Julie

Archived