Problems with Dream Tours??

Has anyone had a problem with Dream Tours recently? I can't seem to get a response from my e-mails to re-confirm our Sept. reservation. I reserved last Oct and have been in touch with Alain a few times since. All was fine in April but now that we're getting close he won't respond. I'm getting worried...there are 7 of us who will be scrambling to find an alternative.

Don't know this operator, but I do know when trying to book at this time last year getting a response was like pulling teeth even from the most reputable. Given the 6 hour time diff and the fact they are at the heigth of their season, I wouldn't panic - yet, Keeep trying though.

Ocean Queen - No guarantees, of course; but I think you should be patient with any of the guide services on the Riviera this time of year. They are mostly small firms and are totally swamped in August, as it is the main month for holidays for most of the European countries. We, too, have reserved with Alain at DreamTours, for a private day tour in early November. We don't expect him or his colleagues to have much time to respond to us this month. Give it another shot in early September. Cheers, Fred

Thanks for the posts. I will try to be patient and wait a little longer. I sent an e-mail about 2 weeks ago and another just last weekend. I'm sure they are very busy right now but Alain has always been so prompt with his responses so this is a bit of a surprise. I wouldn't be so worried if we had more time to find an alternative.

I'm not using Dream Tours but another tour company and reconfirmed with him about 2 weeks ago for our upcoming cruise. He responded back within a week.

If you don't get a response within another week it could be an email problem(yours or theirs) so you may want to call.

Julia

If you don't get a response within another week it could be an email problem(yours or theirs) so you may want to call.

Julia

I'm also guessing that e-mail issues are the cause of the problem. I could see a delay of a week or so, but a delay of two weeks is unusual. You've probably already checked your Spam folder on your e-mail, but others may not be aware that many international e-mails are automatically filtered there unless you add the address to your address book.

Dream Tours provides great tours (we've used them twice), and I highly recommend, so I hope it works out for you.

Have a great trip,

Donna

We are a party of 6 with a reservation with him in Oct. He has been very good at responding to me, with the last time being this past Monday. He did have a problem with his website back in March, and even asked that I post a thread on CC telling everyone that the problem was fixed...don't know what to tell you. Do you use AOP? That seems to create problems when emailing Europe.

Steve

I have had no problem getting in touch with Alain from dream tours. BUT you just can't send an email. Everytime I did it came back. Go to his web site and then reservations. On the reservation page there is a box for comments. He will receive whatever you write in there. He's real good about getting back. Good Luck!

We are a party of 6 with a reservation with him in Oct. He has been very good at responding to me, with the last time being this past Monday. He did have a problem with his website back in March, and even asked that I post a thread on CC telling everyone that the problem was fixed...don't know what to tell you. Do you use AOP? That seems to create problems when emailing Europe.

Steve

Ok, you don't use AOP? Well how about AOL? Doh!!!

Steve

Maureen4...thanks. I'll try that approach tonight. I was going to try to send a fax, also.

calberry...sorry but what is an AOP? I had no problem with his e-mail in April and I have been conversing with others in Europe in the past few days with no problems.

dbh62ark...thanks...spam folder is empty and he is in my address book. I know...they came highly rec to me, also, so I hope it's just an e-mail problem at this point.

I'll let you know.............

We had several members in our 6/18/07 Millennium roll call that had problems with getting email responses for a few days from Dream Tours. But it did work itself out and from what I understand, they had a nice tour with this company when our ship called on Villefranche.

Here is a section of our roll call thread that discussed the temporary email difficulties (starting with Post #379):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=334289&page=15

Maureen4...thanks. I'll try that approach tonight. I was going to try to send a fax, also.

calberry...sorry but what is an AOP? I had no problem with his e-mail in April and I have been conversing with others in Europe in the past few days with no problems.

dbh62ark...thanks...spam folder is empty and he is in my address book. I know...they came highly rec to me, also, so I hope it's just an e-mail problem at this point.

I'll let you know.............

My AOP vs AOL post must have been made as you were crafting the above. ;)

Steve

Man I love these Boards...I really appreciate all the help. Thank you everyone!

Maureen4...it worked! I used the form on the website and I got a response very late last night. I think our e-mails might be going into HIS spam folder. We're confirmed for our tour in Sept :D

DREAM TOURS ... Wonderful tour !!

We were in Villefrance a couple of weeks ago, and treated to an A+ tour with Jean Marc as our guide ! Very comfortable ride, saw more than we expected...St Paul de Vence, Nice, Monte Carlo, Monaco ! A full day with delicious lunch in St Paul.

Jean Marc spoke perfect English, made us feel very relaxed, gave interesting commentary of the areas we toured ! And was very attentive to our 10 year old Grandson. I don't think we could have done better !

Jean Marc at DREAM TOURS was everything we had hoped for !!!

Archived