Hotel Bookings

Charliesmom

I haven't used that particular online agency, but I have used others many many times. It's becoming the norm rather than something a little unusual I think. You can always phone the hotel directly after you have booked with the agency and just check that everything has gone through OK. Usually - but not always - the online companies have cheaper prices than the hotels.

I have used many different booking agencies. They are on Tripadvisor so I would not hesitiate to use them. I once used an agency to book a Hotel in Rome (they had an offer of 1 free night). I did not realize that they were located in Australia. When my bill came, there was an Australia amount and fee for converting; I questioned my charge card regarding the bill. I almost lost the booking until everything was explained.

Susan

I also very frequently get conversion fees. I just count it as part of the cost of doing global business. It never comes anywhere near to making it not worthwhile (e.g. the conversion fee never equals the saving).

Archived