No Balconies on the Fascination?

NurseBeth

My fiance' & I are looking over the sailing dates for the Fascination out of Jacksonville. We are planning to have our wedding & honeymoon cruise aboard this ship. When booking online we are not seeing an option for a balcony room. The categories jump from a 6D Oceanview up to a Cat 11 Suite. Are there not any "in-between" balcony rooms on this ship? Thanks for your help! :)

Thanks Payd! I will be convincing my future DH that we need to splurge on account that it's our honeymoon!! :D

If it was me......I'd find a 7 day cruise from a different city and get the regular balcony.......it'll probably be cheaper than a suite for just a few days on the Fantasy class.

I went for a Triumph balcony for my first and have trouble looking at the shorter cruises because the suite $$$ can't be justified when compared to a 7 day balcony. Just my opinion.

The FASCINATION is a FANTASY class ship. The FANTASY class ships were built before the "all balcony" craze. The first ship built in today's style is the DESTINY. As others have said only category 11 [mini-suites] and 12[suites] have balconies. If you splurge, go for the 12. The cat 11's are just about the same as a regular balcony cabin on newer ships but much more money.

The 12's are much larger rooms, but then it is a honeymoon....................

Dan

I agree with Chitown Cruiser. Go with the seven day if it works out for you.

Otherwise, you can check out photos of the cat 11 on Fascination in the photos in my sig. The cabin was the same size as the regular cabin on the larger ships (Conquest class). The balcony was smaller though. Curtis Jerome Wild has a huge thread about the Cat 11 and Cat 12 cabins on this class of ship. Just do a search.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

If you dont mind the drive Miami has great ships and Itineraries. If you are a past guest you can actually choose a room for the balcony guarantee price. We are doing this in May and our 7 day balcony is about the same as a 4 day suite on a fantasy class ship.

We went on the Triumph in June and LOVED it. My first cruise and I am now hooked!! Good luck and congrats on the upcoming Wedding

We have sailed both the Glory and Fascination. We loved the Glory and the lowest category of balconies 8A for us, on upper deck, was spectacular. We had a cat 11 cabin on the Fascination on Verandah deck. The balcony is much narrower than the Glory but remember, the Glory is a much newer ship. Also, we loved the convenience of sailing out of Port Canaveral. We flew into Orlando the night before and drove to PC. The Cocoa Beach area is easy to get around and much less hectic than Miami. The Fascination is very nice since it's upgrade and we enjoyed the 4-day cruise with Key West and Calica (Playa Del Carmen). We did a two night pre-cruise on South Beach which was great. Good luck and enjoy!

Archived