NY Pier? If someone is dropping you off..

Vellamint

I guess there is a drop-off zone? and the porters are right there or do you need to find them? I will be with 4 kids and a LOT of luggage so hoping the porters will come to me....

Thanks in advance for your time.

(PS how do I know exactly which pier my ship is at other than driving around to look?)

The porters are right there. Just put your luggage on the sidewalk or have them bring a cart to your car and take them out for you. They normally have big signs showing which ship is at pier 92 or 90 with 88 being closed right now.

The drop off is a nightmare. It gets very congested and you literally have to make a mad dash to unload and let the taxi/limo leave. Keep an eye on the 4 kids. Remember, you'll be in Manhattan. The area outside the terminal where dropoff and pickup is is very tight and confining. Do not lose sight of your luggage or kids until you absolutely have to. If you have multiple ships in port the same day, think Animal House. Good Luck. Beside the luggage, bring plenty of patience. Cruising out of NY by the Statue of Liberty and under the Verraano Narrows Bridge is worth the extra stress at the Manhattan Pier.

The drop off is a nightmare. It gets very congested and you literally have to make a mad dash to unload and let the taxi/limo leave. Keep an eye on the 4 kids. Remember, you'll be in Manhattan. The area outside the terminal where dropoff and pickup is is very tight and confining. Do not lose sight of your luggage or kids until you absolutely have to. If you have multiple ships in port the same day, think Animal House. Good Luck. Beside the luggage, bring plenty of patience. Cruising out of NY by the Statue of Liberty and under the Verraano Narrows Bridge is worth the extra stress at the Manhattan Pier.

with the addition of the cruise terminals in Brooklyn and Bayonne its gotten much better and its now rare to have more than 2 ships there at any time(in fact with one pier closed its almost but not quite impossible). This compares to a number of years ago when it wasn't unheard of to have 5 ships there at one time. My suggestion is to get there before noon and it will be much easier.

Archived