If not Costa Maya, where?

JackinPhx

Here's a clue. Keep checking the order forms for shore excursions for your cruise. I've found they normally get the word first.

I just checked the repo cruise for the Spirit on Nov 3 NY to NO and they changed Costa Maya to Caracao for us. This problably won't work for the regular Spirit cruise out of NO which still shows Costa Maya tonight. But watch this for any changes.

• 3 weeks later...

But, technically it can be done, but the Spirit will always be late arriving in Roatan, maybe as late as noon. Will a noon arrival, and a 6 pm departure keep everyone happy?

Well, you called it! While the port change is Roatan, the arrival time is actually 1 PM! With an 8 PM departure time, however. I've never been there, so I don't know if 7 hours is realistically time to fit much in.

I still think it's better than a day at sea, though. :)

It was just simple algebra.

The Spirit's speed is a published fact, as are the distances between the ports.

By the way, here's the Spirit's new itinerary:

Sun New Orleans - 5:30 PM

Mon At Sea - -

Tue Roatan 1:00 PM 8:00 PM

Wed Santo Tomas De Castilla 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Belize City 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri Cozumel 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sat At Sea - -

Sun New Orleans 8:00 AM -

Roatan has replaced Costa Maya. Originally, the Spirit was going to Costa Maya on Tuesday, for 10 hours in port.

Tue Costa Maya 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

It's only going to be in Roatan for 7 hours. And it will be vibrating and shaking much on the first long leg from New Orleans to Roatan going about as fast as it can go.

But an afternoon in Roatan is better than one at sea.

Any one know if the excursions for the Spirt's stop at Roatan are out yet? Given the time frame we have there I think I would feel safer going on a NCL sponsored excursion.

I just checked the website, you have to go to the forms page to get the by ship excursion list, but they have a 5 hour private island day and a 5&1/2hr excursion to the big park. They seem pretty reasonable.

Thinking of doing the same thing for the same reasons.

I just checked the website, you have to go to the forms page to get the by ship excursion list, but they have a 5 hour private island day and a 5&1/2hr excursion to the big park. They seem pretty reasonable.

Thinking of doing the same thing for the same reasons.

With such a short stay in Roaton iI wouldn't think of doing a private tour. This is the one time I always use ship tours.

Nita

We're booked on the Sun in March and have received a change of itinerary from NCL. Instead of Costa Maya we'll be going to Cozumel. The notice said this change was in effect for all Sun Western Caribbean cruises from October 27, 2007 to April 12, 2008.

Any clue as to if the there will be a Dock for the Spirit this winter?

In an earlier reply, I noted there weren't any other cruise ships scheduled to dock in Roatan on Tuesdays. Therefore, it's most likely the Spirit will be docking. Then again, another cruise ship from a different cruise line may desire to replace Costa Maya with Roatan on Tuesday too. There's only room to dock one ship at the pier on Roatan.

Archived