Great Bay Beach

cot427

I am going on the Freedom of the Seas in October, and I heard from some people that there is no swimming here. I was on the Mariner last year, but it was storming, so no beach. But in 04 on the Explorer, there were tons of people at the beach. They sold dollar coronas and they had a kids play thing in the water.

Can you still swim here?

Is there still the dollar coronas?

How about the kids water play thing?

Also, I am doing a 2 hr. Segway tour, and I beleive we meet at the Holland House. Is that by the beach?

Thanks in advanced!

I am going on the Freedom of the Seas in October, and I heard from some people that there is no swimming here. I was on the Mariner last year, but it was storming, so no beach. But in 04 on the Explorer, there were tons of people at the beach. They sold dollar coronas and they had a kids play thing in the water.

Can you still swim here?

Is there still the dollar coronas?

How about the kids water play thing?

Also, I am doing a 2 hr. Segway tour, and I beleive we meet at the Holland House. Is that by the beach?

Thanks in advanced!

There are many marine leaks into the bay plus raw sewage leaches into the bay from several sources. Pretty to look at but I woudn't put my big toe in the water. And if you think the local tourist agencies will tell the truth......:eek:

There are many marine leaks into the bay plus raw sewage leaches into the bay from several sources. Pretty to look at but I woudn't put my big toe in the water. And if you think the local tourist agencies will tell the truth......:eek:

Thanks a lot. I would want to go to a beach, but I don't want to go to Orient Bay. Which other beach is nice? I heard Marigot is a nice area, anything there?

Also, any other input about Great Bay Beach?

It sounds like you really want to go to Great Bay Beach. So just do it. You'll be joined by MANY, MANY other tourists.

Having said that, just be aware that >>85% of the sanitary sewage in St. Maarten is NOT TREATED. There are two discharge points into Great Bay, one very close to the beach area (near The Greenhouse Restaurant).

For me, I sit at bars along the Bay for hours on end. But I would NEVER go into the water. But hay, that's me.

I guess I wouldn't want to be in something that is a sanitation hazard. So can someone recommend a beach nearby that is reasonable and easy for 12 people to get to? Thanks.

BTW, having twelve people makes it hard for everybody to get there easy and cheap. I'm taking a tour in St. Thomas, which the everything is included in. I just thought it would be easy for us to take the water taxi over, shop, maybe eat and drink, then go to the beach. But if there is another area to do this, I would like to know. I hear Marigot is a nice town. Do they have a beach there?

Thanks, again.

I guess I wouldn't want to be in something that is a sanitation hazard. So can someone recommend a beach nearby that is reasonable and easy for 12 people to get to? Thanks.

BTW, having twelve people makes it hard for everybody to get there easy and cheap. I'm taking a tour in St. Thomas, which the everything is included in. I just thought it would be easy for us to take the water taxi over, shop, maybe eat and drink, then go to the beach. But if there is another area to do this, I would like to know. I hear Marigot is a nice town. Do they have a beach there?

Thanks, again.

Here is a link to a map showing all the beaches on the island. With a party of 12, just use 2 van cabs to wherever you want to go.

http://www.st-maarten-info.com/St-Maarten-Beaches/stmaarten_Beaches.html

Archived