Opera dining venue

Do you have a particular table (for two) that would recommand on our upcoming Adriatic Sea sailing? It seems the La Caravella venue is bigger and has more window-seats than the L'Approdo. Any specific table number much is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have a particular table (for two) that would recommand on our upcoming Adriatic Sea sailing? It seems the La Caravella venue is bigger and has more window-seats than the L'Approdo. Any specific table number much is appreciated.

If I can remember,I think there are tables for 2 in the upstairs dining area..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We went on the Opera in May and also wanted a table for 2 (Actually did not even want to use the restaurant but found out that the cafeteria is closed in the evening).

Saw the Maitre'D as soon as we could and he put us on a table of 4 that he said he'd try and keep just for us but couldn't guarantee it. As it turns out he was able to do this. Maybe not quite as cosy as a table for 2 but we were happy.

Most of the La Caravella table-for-two tables at our Opera sailing are lined just right behind the server station. Quick noisy! And the rest there are very closed to each other. The L'Approdo tables at deck 6 seems to be more spacious.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Beachside,

My wife and I are taking the May 3 out of Kiel Germany on MSC Opera. Are you on the same schedule or on the one out of Copenhagen? It is the same cruise, just some passengers are disembarking from Kiel and some from Copenhagen.

blndmn

I've sailed on the Opera many times and have been allocated to both retaurants, Although La caravella is bigger, it is also noiser. L'Approdo is smaller but superior in terms of service and food quality. They tend to allocate passengers in higher cabin grades to the smaller better one but not always. Can't say I noticed very many tables for 2 in either. In L'Approdo they tend to be near the entrance. I have never been given a choice of table evr by them. They allocate you according to whether you have asked for 2,4,6, or 8 and which sitting etc. the maitre D will change you, if he can but obviously can't move other passengers to accomodate you.

I don't know if your preference if for buffets at breakfast and lunch but i'd certainly recommend la caravella for both. It's more relaxed and civilised and you don't have to wander about trying to find yourself a seat at busy times with your food cooling down rapidly!

have a great time

PS look out for carlos the head barman in the piano Bar - he is fantastic - great service, great sense of humour, nothing too much trouble for him

Archived