Emerald Princess mini-suite

mnmarkne

1st time cruisers looking for answers. Really love this website, so much information. SOMEWHERE on the website..now I can't find it again, people were saying the mini-suites E730 and E731 had extended covered balconies, and were really worth it. Now I the only information I can find is for E730 on the Emerald Deck on the Caribbean Princess. I have found the Emerald Princess and the Crown Princess are sister ships, is the layout of the Caribbean Princess the same as the Emerald and Crown? Do the mini-suites E730 and E731 on the Emerald Princess have extended covered balconies? I have gone to the Princess Cruise Line website without finding answers. My 1st time travel agent (AAA), called the cruise line and they insisted those rooms do not have extended balconies, and that they were both booked anyway. My travel agent also said, rooms that far aft are terrible, and she would never recomend them to anyone. Too much ship motion, too much engine noise, and it's a 10-minute walk to everything. She felt the 10-minute walk was a deal killer regardless of anything else. Today I check the Princess website and find that E370 is available?? I have read the bit about the rooms being above the Fusion Club, and we can live with that? So, do I book it before it's really gone, or is my travel agent right? Thanks...

Short Answer: Book it, mark it no upgrade and think about it.

Yes, they are covered and extended. Does not show on the deck plans that way, so some inexperienced agents or phone line operators won't know that.

According to your agent, walking from the aft to the bow, for example Horizon court buffet to the spa, is also a deal killer. She's nuts. People do it all the time. If you are ONLY going to areas in the bow, then its a long ways. If you will go to both ends of the ship, then the aft is actually closer to several places.

Yes, there will be a little more vibration from the thrusters, yes, the room over Club Fusion will hear the bass of the band before they quit for the evening. Yes, there will be more movement than midships; but there will be less movement than a room located forward. The reason those last rooms were previously booked is because they are so popular.

Could not find a bigger picture, but you can see from this one that the balconies on the Emerald and Dolphin deck extend:

Now, after you think about it some, you might want to book another midship room instead. Lots of those will be available, but the covered or extended will not.

Sorry could not find a bigger picture, but this one does show the extended balcony on Dolphin and Emerald:

Princess_Emerald_Princess.jpg

PS. that 370 was a typo, right? you meant 730...

Thanks for quick response...yes that was a typo, should have been E730, and also posted this to the Princess Board. New here on this website, still trying to get the hang of where to go..am spending HOURS checking different areas...so much good information. Thanks again...getting excited!!!

Archived