Can you compare staterooms-Carnival vs RCCL?

We've been on the Mariner, Serenade and Grandeur. We've had the coveted balcony stateroom 1388 and 1688 on the Mariner, a Grand Suite on the Serenade and a Junior Suite on the Grandeur.

While looking at cruises for next Spring Break, I researched a bit on the Carnival line. They have a penthouse and a penthouse suite. I looked at the Liberty, Valor and Glory. Mostly, the new ships. I cannot get a feel for the stateroom size. They have dimensions listed, but I'd like to hear from the experts :)

The only thing I have to compare it to is the RCCL staterooms.

Can anyone compare them? Size, contents, balcony, furniture, bathroom etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Outside cabins

Carnival Liberty 5A porthole outside stateroom = 185 square feet

Freedom OTS - outside stateroom = 161 square feet.

Carnival Liberty 6A - standard outside stateroom = 185 square feet

Freedom OTS - Large outside stateroom = 200 square feet

Freedom OTS - Family outside staterooom = 290 square feet

Balcony cabins

Carnival Liberty 8A - Standard balcony stateroom = 220 square feet of which the cabin is 185 square feet and the balcony is 35 square feet.

Freedom OTS - Standard Balcony stateroom = 251 square feet of which the cabin is 177 square feet and the balcony is 74 square feet.

Interior Staterooms

Carnival Liberty Category 4 = 185 square feet

Freedom Standard Inside = 152 square feet.

Suites

Carnival Liberty Category 11 = 330 square feet of which the cabin is 245 square feet plus 85 square feet for the balcony.

Freedom OTS Junior Suite = 388 square feet of which cabin is 287 square feet and balcony is 101 square feet.

Carnival Liberty Catergory 12 = 415 square feet of which the cabin is 300 square feet plus 115 square feet.

Freedom of the Seas Grand Suite = 513 square feet of which the cabin is 387 square feet and the balcony is 126 square feet.

IMHO RCI has MUCH nicer suite accommodations over Carnival when comparing the Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class against anything in the Carnival fleet. The layout is better along with the overall decor. The only suites that I really liked on Carnival were the Category 11 aft suites on the Spirit class. The rooms were broken up to give a separate sleeping area and they had a huge wrap around balcony. Other than that, the others just don't measure up.

Just off the Mariner and found that the tenth floor balcony cabin we had was the least sound proof room we'd ever had. Heard everything from the cabins on either side (talking, coughing) and above (food carts rolling along in the buffet)

Carnival Destiny rooms were silent

We've sailed both Carnival and RCCL. We've always done an outside cabin...so I can't comment on the suites.

We found that many of the standard outside cabins on Carnival were bigger. However, we have found that the service on RCCL far exceeds Carnival. Honestly, now that we've done both, we have no intention of going back to Carnival b/c it's like comparing Hershey chocolate to Lindt (Swiss) chocolate.

I am sure you will have fun on whatever cruise you take. Enjoy planning your trip.

Just off the Mariner and found that the tenth floor balcony cabin we had was the least sound proof room we'd ever had. Heard everything from the cabins on either side (talking, coughing) and above (food carts rolling along in the buffet)

Carnival Destiny rooms were silent

Carnival Destiny rooms were silent? You must not have been in our room above the karaoke bar. :D

We were under the pool area on the Glory, constant chair scraping during the day. Couldn't stand to be on the balcony or in the room.

So, on the Liberty we selected deck 6. Turned out to be right across from a service closet. Carts banging all night long as they when in and out and pulled them over the door threshold.

Next time, I'm picking a room sandwiched between two decks of staterooms and across from other cabins. Never had noise problems on RCCL for 7 cruises.

Carnival Destiny rooms were silent? You must not have been in our room above the karaoke bar. :D

Yippees! I hate karaoke!!!! :eek:

Our Mariner room was so un-soundproof we could follow every vacuous conversation of the young couple next door, for seven days.... since they seemed to be wealthy brats most of it was centered around friends fake boobs, text messages they'd received that wasn't to their liking and drugs.:(

We were recently on the RCCL Liberty of the Seas and Carnival Liberty back-to-back...

We had equivalent balcony cabins on each ship...

The cabins themselves were roughly the same size, perhaps with a very slight size edge to Carnival...The Carnival cabin also had more storage and closet space and more shelf space in the bathroom...The RCCL balcony seemed slightly larger...

The decor in the RCCL cabin was far more attractive than the orange vinyl in the Carnival cabin...

BUT, the ship as a whole was one major "no contest"...The Carnival ship was entirely too crowded...the layout was confusing and convoluted...The amenities on the RCCL ship blew away the Carnival ship...The decor, overall, on the Carnival ship was incredibly gaudy...Service was also a "no contest" decision for RCCL over Carnival...

Oh, I guess I should add...We couldn't even tell we had neighbors on the RCCL ship (We were in the "center hump"--#8338)...On the Carnival ship (We were in #9264), we were amusingly aware every time our neighbors decided to become amorous...and painfully aware every time the neighbors on the other side disciplined their kids...

Archived