Anything Special for Christmas on RCCL?

We are planning a cruise over Christmas with our two kids on either the Grandeur of the Seas or the Enchantment of the Seas. This will be our 4th cruise, but the 1st on RCCL.

A couple questions to pose for anyone who could offer some info.

1. Does the line do anything special for Christmas? (We embark on 24/12). Do they have decorations, trees, etc, or should we bring a few of our own for hte stateroom? What about a 'Christmas Dinner'.

2. On December 25th, the Enchantment is scheduled to be at Key West. Would anyone know if Key West will be 'shut down' on Christmas day, or will some of the shops and restaurants, etc, be operating? (BTW, the Grandeur is at sea on Christmas Day.)

Thanks so much to all those who have information to share. We have heard, and read on CC, lots of good info about RCCL; we are looking forward to this trip and your info will be helpful.

Cheers

Cruisepucks:cool:

I think They made Christmas the sea day for the very fact that it is Christmas. My Wife and I and 2 DD's are booked for this Cruise. We are so excited about it. It will be our first. We have been saving for what seems like forever....It will be great.s.gif I have heard the ships are decorated very well. we will be bringing presents with us to have our Christmas on the Ship. I think Christmas Night is the Formal Dinner, but I am not sure

24-Dec Fort Lauderdale, Florida

25-Dec Cruising

26-Dec Belize City, Belize

27-Dec Cozumel, Mexico

28-Dec Key West, Florida

29-Dec Fort Lauderdale, Florida

here is the link for the itenerary

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000nq-Kd2nDvAE_nb19QWLd1Rr:10ktdmpjo?packageCode=EN05S022&sailDate=1071224

We sailed on the Radiance holiday cruise in 2005 and 2006. These were by far our favorite cruises. The ship was beautilfully decorated with garlands and trees. The holiday show in the theater was a celebration of both Christmas and Hannukah, and the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers did a fabulous job. Santa arrived on the pool deck around 9:00 AM on Christmas morning, went to the theater, and gave all of the kiddies presents. Rosario strings played Christmas songs in the dining room during dinner. There was caroling in the Centrum on Christmas eve. They served a traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings. ;)

We decorated our cabin and balcony doors with Christmas themed clings, and set up a 5" christmas tree in the cabin. Someone a few doors down from us had a lit garland and wreath on their balcony railing. You could see it when you approached the ship after being on shore. :)

We absolutely love cruising during the holidays :D :D

Does anybody know when they start decorating for Christmas? I'm boarding the Navigator on November 29th. Just curious if we will get to see any of the decorations.

Lisa

LLM - I read somewhere on this board that they started decorating right after Thanksgiving. You should be able to see a good deal of the decorations, but this is only what I read somewhere else on this board. I think I had done a search on Christmas or something like that.

We always sail in December, and while I don't know how they handle Chrsitmas Day, I do know the decorations are to die for. Our favorite ship at Christmas time is the Enchantment. There is a differently decorated tree in what seems like every nook and cranny. Last year, on the Explorer, we were disappointed that the deroations weren't as plentiful and beautiful as the Enchantment. The Monarch also does a great job, although I haven't been on her since before she went West. Believe me, the Holidays are a beautiful time to cruise.

We used to do this every year. I used to be a school employee, but I have retired, and it's so much cheaper to cruise when it isn't a holiday week, (and there are far less children, when it isn't a holiday week.)

I really miss it. The decorations are great! Free eggnog. I always found the fake snow in the Caribbean amusing. I once took issue with the piano player who was singing "White Chiristmas." I told him that nobody on the ship was dreaming of a 'White Christmas.' In fact, we had gone to considerable expense to avoid even the remotest possibility of having one." On one cruise we had a singing captain who sang Christmas songs to us.

Go, have fun, and I wish we could join you, but we will be back from our yearly cruise by then.

We are planning a cruise over Christmas with our two kids on either the Grandeur of the Seas or the Enchantment of the Seas. This will be our 4th cruise, but the 1st on RCCL.

A couple questions to pose for anyone who could offer some info.

1. Does the line do anything special for Christmas? (We embark on 24/12). Do they have decorations, trees, etc, or should we bring a few of our own for hte stateroom? What about a 'Christmas Dinner'.

2. On December 25th, the Enchantment is scheduled to be at Key West. Would anyone know if Key West will be 'shut down' on Christmas day, or will some of the shops and restaurants, etc, be operating? (BTW, the Grandeur is at sea on Christmas Day.)

Thanks so much to all those who have information to share. We have heard, and read on CC, lots of good info about RCCL; we are looking forward to this trip and your info will be helpful.

Cheers

Cruisepucks:cool:

We have been on Grandeur of the Seas over Christmas and it was wonderful, they have decorations, carolers, special menu, etc. One of our best holidays. This past year we went on Celebrity Century for 9 days over Christmas. What a let down. They had decorations, but that was about it. No special dinner menu, was not even a dress up night. Thank goodness for our tablemates and waiter, we made it something special, with santa hats, singing, etc. We missed the part where they called it a "Holiday Cruise" not a Christmas Cruise.

I think They made Christmas the sea day for the very fact that it is Christmas. My Wife and I and 2 DD's are booked for this Cruise. We are so excited about it. It will be our first. We have been saving for what seems like forever....It will be great.s.gif I have heard the ships are decorated very well. we will be bringing presents with us to have our Christmas on the Ship. I think Christmas Night is the Formal Dinner, but I am not sure

24-Dec Fort Lauderdale, Florida

25-Dec Cruising

26-Dec Belize City, Belize

27-Dec Cozumel, Mexico

28-Dec Key West, Florida

29-Dec Fort Lauderdale, Florida

here is the link for the itenerary

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000nq-Kd2nDvAE_nb19QWLd1Rr:10ktdmpjo?packageCode=EN05S022&sailDate=1071224

We were on the Freedom the week before Christmas and the ship was beautifully decorated. We debarked Christmas Eve, and found that even more decorations had been added overnight.

I'm sure you already know this, but if you are flying, please do not wrap your presents, as they will be inspected. I don't know about boarding the ship with wrapped presents, you may want to check with RCI.

Enjoy your holiday cruise. I would love to do one. :D

We sailed Christmas 2005 aboard SOS and RCCL gave each cabin luggage. It was a total surprise to those aboard. A believe it was a carry on with wheels and a small bag (I think). Sorry my remembrance it not as grand as in my younger years, but we did receive luggage.

We cruised last Christmas on the Mariner and loved it so much that we are cruising again this Christmas on the Brilliance. The decorations are beautiful, Christmas dinner was fabulous, (Hey....I didn't have to cook it or clean up!) and on Christmas morning all the kids can go and sit on Santa's lap and he gives them a nice present. There is Christmas caroling on Christmas Eve. It is wonderful.

I'm sure you already know this, but if you are flying, please do not wrap your presents, as they will be inspected. I don't know about boarding the ship with wrapped presents, you may want to check with RCI.

Thanks for the reminder...we are driving, and I had forgotten about inspections of the luggage getting on the boat....hmm. maybe we will wrap once we board. It is not going to be much, because the cruise was the gift to everyone. It sounds really special, and I am more excited than I was yesterday, and we have 4 more months to go ...boo hoo...:(

Does anybody know when they start decorating for Christmas? I'm boarding the Navigator on November 29th. Just curious if we will get to see any of the decorations. Lisa

Hi Lisa,

They should be set up. I sailed on the Adventure of the Seas last Novemeber 3 days after Thanksgiving and they had the Xmas decorations up. There was a huge, beautiful Xmas tree in the Royal Promenade.

Enjoy your cruise and happy early Xmas!

Hi Lisa,

They should be set up. I sailed on the Adventure of the Seas last Novemeber 3 days after Thanksgiving and they had the Xmas decorations up. There was a huge, beautiful Xmas tree in the Royal Promenade.

Enjoy your cruise and happy early Xmas!

Thanks for your reply. Now I'm really excited. I'm sure it must be beautiful!

Lisa

We sailed in 2006 on Radiance OTS and will be sailing this Christmas on Legend OTS. We loved it. There was also a display of gingerbread houses that was nice. Christmas trees are all over the ship.

Last year we were in San Juan on Christmas Day. We did not get off the ship as we had been in this port before and did not figure that much would be open on Christmas. It felt great to have to pool to myself. This year we will be at sea on Christmas which will be great.

This is from 2006 on Majesty cruise

Some tress around ship

Santa came down from Viking Crown Lounge walk around pool

with band playing

The Centrum handed out gifts to 600 -sweat shirts and ?

2401595190071327805gdfHgO_th.jpg

click on picture to enlarge

Royal Caribbean Celebrates Holidays on the High SeasSunny Locales Make Festivities Away From Home All the Merrier

MIAMI, Oct. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- With the holiday season just around the corner, Royal Caribbean International is gearing up to transform its fleet into floating "Winter Wonderlands," ensuring that sun-seekers will not have to leave tradition behind. Outfitted with the touches of home, these sailings convey the festive spirit with an abundance of colorful decorations, holiday music, and caroling by the staff and guests - minus the stressful planning and cold climates that often accompany the season.

For children of all ages, time spent in Royal Caribbean's Adventure Ocean Youth Program truly is "the most wonderful time of the year," with holiday activities including:

- Cookie Decorating - Special Hanukkah Gifts - Eggnog Parties - Christmas Arts & Crafts - Gingerbread Displays - Holiday Ice Skating - Holiday Talent Shows (Freedom- & Voyager-class ships) - Kids Caroling - Pictures with SantaAfter a long day of shore excursions or fun arts and crafts activities, guests of all ages can retreat to their rooms for a number of holiday movie classics featured on in-room televisions or pay a visit to the spectacular Menorah on display on the main deck. And who knows, well-behaved children may even receive a special visit from the holiday gift fairy while onboard.

Those in search of spiritual gatherings can participate in a number of religious ceremonies, such as the lighting of the Menorah, Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and Hanukkah service (all under the direction of onboard clergy).

Thanks to all who replied. Great info. Very helpful for us.

This will be our first Christmas on a cruise and we are looking forward to it even more now after reading your responses.

Cheers

Cruisepucks :cool:

Archived