Looking to book a cruise in April and category 4A is already booked!

steel123

I was looking ahead to book a cruise for next April. On Sunday, I checked the prices for categories 4A (Riviera) & 4B (Main). When I looked yesterday, the 4A category had disappeared. We called our PVP and she said 4A was already booked. It is a school vacation week, but I was surprised to see it already filled up. Do these cabins usually go quick because they are the least expensive? :)

The very top cabins [suites]/as well as the very bottom [1A/4a] usually go first. Then the middle [balcony/OV/higher priced insides] fill up. That's generally--but not always--the case

I was surprised the 4A inside cabins would sell out 8 months in advance. Some schools in the Northeast, like ours, have vacation that week in April. We went ahead and booked an inside guarantee, though we've never done a guarantee before. We need a quad cabin, so I'm hoping our cabin assignment will be o.k.:)

I was surprised the 4A inside cabins would sell out 8 months in advance. Some schools in the Northeast, like ours, have vacation that week in April. We went ahead and booked an inside guarantee, though we've never done a guarantee before. We need a quad cabin, so I'm hoping our cabin assignment will be o.k.:)

Did you get airfare yet? That has sky-rocketed. We are leaving from BOS.

jonsmom--Thanks for the info. We haven't looked into airfare, yet. We are planning to fly Southwest, and they haven't come out with their prices, yet. I'm hoping we can get a good price, but I know it's usually more to fly during school vacation week. :)

jonsmom--Thanks for the info. We haven't looked into airfare, yet. We are planning to fly Southwest, and they haven't come out with their prices, yet. I'm hoping we can get a good price, but I know it's usually more to fly during school vacation week. :)

steel123, last year we had AAA book our airfare (we had booked a WDW package) and the flights became available the Thursday before Thanksgiving. They charged an additonal $10 p/p but it was worth it, I cant keep checking fares, it would drive me crazy.

We are sailing on the Freedom.

Kroozfool--Thanks for the info on the Freedom. We have to travel on 4/12, since that's school vacation.

Machman--I'm glad we went ahead and booked! It sounds like the price could increase.

I'm just wondering if we need to pay extra for a cabin assignment, instead of the guarantee. We were hoping to keep costs down for this vacation.:)

jonsmom--I'll have to look into AAA. I didn't know they provided that service. It sounds like a good deal. It's hard to keep checking. Last time we tried to book Southwest, the cheapest flight were sold within hours! Instead we ended up booking that trip on Delta for a few more $$.:)

jonsmom--I'll have to look into AAA. I didn't know they provided that service. It sounds like a good deal. It's hard to keep checking. Last time we tried to book Southwest, the cheapest flight were sold within hours! Instead we ended up booking that trip on Delta for a few more $$.:)

I dont know where you are looking to fly out from, I assumed MA, but our break is on the 19th (later this year). Maybe you are flying from NH, in any event, Jet Blue may be an option for you.

Are you sailing from FLL?

If you're flying from Boston in April, it's best to wait until Jet Blue opens up its bookings. That should be in a couple of months.

During school vacation week, Jet Blue may not be a bargain. Last year we flew to MCO for $287 p/p, Jet Blue flights were $299 each way.

Thanks for the airline info. We are sailing from Miami. We actually have a credit with Southwest that we must use, so we pretty much have to stick with that airline. I hope we can get a good price with them.

I'm just wondering now if we should book the actual cabin number. I'm wondering if during that time of year, with the ships being so full, we might not have a good result with the guarantee. We have never done a guarantee before, so it's a little scary.:)

Thanks for the airline info. We are sailing from Miami. We actually have a credit with Southwest that we must use, so we pretty much have to stick with that airline. I hope we can get a good price with them.

I'm just wondering now if we should book the actual cabin number. I'm wondering if during that time of year, with the ships being so full, we might not have a good result with the guarantee. We have never done a guarantee before, so it's a little scary.:)

I agree, it is a little scarey. I would go with a cabin# that way you wont be disappointed. You have til January to pay. You can ask for Fun Ship Dollars for Christmas, like i am planning to. :)

Archived