Baltimore Port Directions Help Please.

0ldog

Anyone who is driving to the Port of Baltimore from points North; please be advise. Traffic is VERY HEAVY going through the Ft. McHenry Tunnel, sometimes it is back up for several miles even before you enter the tunnel. Also; after you pay your "TOLL" and before entering the Tunnel there are two tubes going South bound, and North bound. Please get in the FAR RIGHT TUBE, IN THE FAR RIGHT LANE. If you do not do this, you WILL miss exit 55 (which is after you exit the tunnel) that leads you to the pier.:eek:

I hope this helps!:)

Charles

Charles was nice enough to post the above on our Grandeur Board today and I was wondering If I came down I-83 then took E. Lombard to S. Howard and onto I-95 would that be better than the tunnel mess? I figure to arrive about 11:00 AM past the morning rush and before lunch hour.

Thanks, John

John, that will work. From Howard Street you will enter 95, take the ramp for 95 North - New York, then the 2nd exit, Exit 55, Key Highway. It takes you right to the pier. Do not enter the Fort McHenry tunnel.

An alternative could be to turn right onto Lombard from 83, then make a left at Light St. Continue straight passing Harborplace and when you get to the Science Center, bear left onto Key Highway. Key Highway deadends at the cruise pier. Make a left.

An alternative could be to turn right onto Lombard from 83, then make a left at Light St. Continue straight passing Harborplace and when you get to the Science Center, bear left onto Key Highway. Key Highway deadends at the cruise pier. Make a left.

Hi John...I'm in Baltimore, 7 miles from the terminal, and I would choose Howard's alternative route. ;)

Archived