Trying to pack...I NEED HELP!!!

JPerry

Ok I have 11 days to go and Im trying to get things packed. I am taking decorations for the reception which will fit in one large shopping bag.

My fiance was reading through our paperwork and it says only one carry on per person.

Here is my dilema, I will have my dress, my carry on with shoes, makeup, curling iron, and everything to get ready for the wedding, then i will have a shopping bag with all of the decoratins in it. I also have our card box.

Are these things considered "carry ons" or do they allow you to carry more since it is a wedding????

Please help, I need to find out so i can start packing :(

We are going on Royal Caribbean, if that helps.

When it comes to luggage, the cruiseline's rules are different than the airlines. If you're flying, it's one carry-on piece and one personal item (purse, garment bag, laptop case, etc...). They won't flex that just because it's a wedding, although they should! ;)

RC might be a little different than Carnival, but Carnival's rules are that anything you carry on the ship yourself (not checked in) has to be able to fit through the scanner, which is about the size of a large suitcase. There is no limit to what you carry on piece-wise as long as you can lug it along by yourself.

I'd give RC a call and find out what their exact policy is. The only thing I could find is that you are allowed up to 200 lbs. of luggage per person. Or post on the RC board and ask.

HTH :)

I will call RCCL and see what they say.....otherwise i will have to put my guests to work and make them help me :D

How many guests do you have going with you? This would be a great option. I'm sure they would be thrilled to help you! :)

That's what I was going to suggest. Your guests should already be dressed and ready for the ceremony, so if RC becomes a stickler with the "one carry-on per person" rule just pass out bags for your guests to carry. I'm sure they won't mind helping out!

I'm not sure if you're doing an emabrkation wedding (sounds like it though). Based on my experience, you definately need your guests' help carrying your carry-on bags onto the ship. However, this caused some crisis on my wedding, so to avoid confusion, here's my suggestion.

(1) label each bags with cabin # - for example, bride's name and your cabin # where you (your mom, bridesmaid, etc) will get ready; same for the groom; bags to go to the reception lounge (indicate the name); bags to go to the ceremony area.

(2) Make sure to separate your carry-on bags from check-in bags/other guests' carry-on bags.

(3) delegate someone to decorate the reception table (preferably not in your wedding party); someone to deliver flowers to the right person; someone to tip, etc.

(4) remember your wedding party may be busy getting ready themselves and other guests may be walking around the ship without cell phone.

(5) let non-sailing guests know where they can find you and your fiance in advance.

I didn't realize until I got in my cabin, I won't be able to do anything from then on, I'm just going to "show up" at the ceremony. Control freak like me :eek: won't be able to just wait in a puffy dress and relax. I felt like changing back to my shorts and flip flops and run to the reception place and make sure everything was exactly I planned.

When I got off the limo, my guests took my bags trying to help me. I didn't realize my bags were missing until I got in my cabin (where my bridesmaid and I were alone). My husband and his nephews had to run to other cabins to find them.

Archived