Purchasing Liquor To Bring Home

I'm sure this has been covered but I just can't seem to find the answer.

I understand the new policy is we cannot bring any wine/liquor onboard the Mariner, but what happens if we purchase some in port to bring back home? Do they take it from you and return it the last night?

Please don't flame me :o but I do wish they would allow us to bring a couple of bottles of wine onboard in our carry on the way we did on Glory this past February.

Dianne

All liquor purchased in the ports or in the shipboard store will be delivered to your cabin the last night of the cruise.

You're not alone in "wishing" that you could bring a couple of bottles on with you. Their rules....guess we should follow them, as hard as it is.:(

I buy liquor every time we are in the caribbean. Just take an extra suitcase and disperse throughout so you don't go over the 50 lb limit. If you are driving, then it is no issue. Just leave in the box or wrap securely with clothes and you should have no problem. Only once did I have a bottle break and it was my fault for not packing it properly. It was in a zipup cooler so it did not go anywhere, but I should have wrapped it better. Only thing in 13 years of cruising that has broken, and I can't tell you how many, many bottles we have brought home from St Thomas and other ports over the years and will continue to do so. So much cheaper than buying it here, it is well worth the effort to me.

We were in the Liquor Shoppe in San Juan Airport and saw the clerks putting the bottles in special carriers that were sealed. This enable everyone to carry on their purchases.

That is correct. We brought home some on the plane from SJU.

We were in the Liquor Shoppe in San Juan Airport and saw the clerks putting the bottles in special carriers that were sealed. This enable everyone to carry on their purchases.

That is correct. We brought home some on the plane from SJU.

Yes, I've heard that there are places within San Juan Airport, after security, where liquor can be purchased and then carried on board. But the stuff you buy on the islands cannot be taken through security as carryon.

Archived