Going from one berth to another in Port Everglades

gonecruising

Hi:

I wonder if anyone has any experience getting off a ship in Port Everglades and getting to another berth for the start of another cruise? We will be going on the Celebrity Millenium on Jan.13 returning Jan. 20 and going on the Carribean Princess the same day --sort of back to back...but different cruiselines...how can you get from Celebrity's berth to Princess with your luggage?

Hi:

I wonder if anyone has any experience getting off a ship in Port Everglades and getting to another berth for the start of another cruise? We will be going on the Celebrity Millenium on Jan.13 returning Jan. 20 and going on the Carribean Princess the same day --sort of back to back...but different cruiselines...how can you get from Celebrity's berth to Princess with your luggage?

It's called a TAXI!!

Ron

Take a taxi, but be forewarned, you will have to pay a surcharge/minimum charge because the ride is so short......and get in the cab first then tell them where you are going, because if you tell them first (like I did one time) the whole row of the refused me and I had to get a Sheriff's Deputy to intervene and tell a cabbie to take me or his licence would be revoked.

You are going to have a few hours to kill...you might want to grab a cab and head over to a hotel close by and hang out there for a coupe of hours....might be just a cheap in the long run.

We did that few years ago, going from Caribbean Princess over to the Golden. We grabbed a taxi and were prepared to pay the equivalent of an airport run, but due to linguistic difficulties between our driver and ourselves, he thought we'd been dropped at the wrong ship and furious with the "other" driver. I literally had to force him to take $20 for his trouble!

Archived