Upgrade Question

jlewisinsyr

Ok, new poster, yes, I know, be aware...but I did search and didn't see this question...

Ok, so first time ever on a Carnival Cruise, we're departing on September 16th on Legend. We have a room assignment (confirmed online and by Travel Agent), but we have been tossing around upgrading to a suite from a Balcony. The cost difference is pretty steep ($1,000 total for two), but I think it has a lot to do with the capacity of the ship because even our room type is higher then we originally paid (about $300 total for two).

So here's the question, of course, we could wish for an upgrade, but considering all things being equal and we have all of our confirmations stating our assigned room, it is unlikely, what are the chances of arriving at the ship and either asking for an upgrade? I wouldn't assume/expect a free one, so I am willing to pay, just not as much as what the current cost difference is. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you for all your time!

Ok, new poster, yes, I know, be aware...but I did search and didn't see this question...

Ok, so first time ever on a Carnival Cruise, we're departing on September 16th on Legend. We have a room assignment (confirmed online and by Travel Agent), but we have been tossing around upgrading to a suite for a Balcony. The cost difference is pretty steep ($1,000 total for two), but I think it has a lot to do with the capacity of the ship because even our room type is higher then we originally paid (about $300 total for two).

So here's the question, of course, we could wish for an upgrade, but considering all things being equal and we have all of our confirmations stating our assigned room, it is unlikely, what are the chances of arriving at the ship and either asking for an upgrade? I wouldn't assume/expect a free one, so I am willing to pay, just not as much as what the current cost difference is. Anyone have any experience with this?

The ships usually have a full capacity sign at the desk...you are correct for not expecting a freebie........they will upgrade others first to free up lower $$ cabins to help achieve the full status...........if you want it, you have to pay so make the call now because I highly doubt it'll be available when you get to the ship.

Have a GREAT cruise

Spirit Class and Tampa are AWESOME!!!

what are the chances of arriving at the ship and either asking for an upgrade? I wouldn't assume/expect a free one, so I am willing to pay, just not as much as what the current cost difference is. Anyone have any experience with this?

From everything I have seen and read the chances are zero and none.

I wouldn't assume/expect a free one, so I am willing to pay, just not as much as what the current cost difference is. Anyone have any experience with this?

As has been noted earlier, this "isn't going to happen". And, even if it did, the cost difference would be the same [if not more] on embarkation day as it is now

Good news---It can happen! It surely happened for me!

I'm getting married on October 28th and I had a balcony cabin that we already paid for. Our travel agent called to ask about an upgrade and all they had left was suites. We were debating this and when my travel agent called back 2 days later, she found out that we had been upgraded to a suite!! The cost was 3,826 but they did it for free!!!! So keep hope alive because I can't wait for my honeymoon!!!!!!

Zero Chances. The only way you will get upgraded at the ship is if your cabin exploded.

Fred

My inlaws and there friends traveled on the Triumph, couple of months ago, they both had assigned rooms, and both were surprised to be given upgrade when they arrived on the ship. So Wennfred is incorrect with his zero chances statement.

My inlaws and there friends traveled on the Triumph, couple of months ago, they both had assigned rooms, and both were surprised to be given upgrade when they arrived on the ship. So Wennfred is incorrect with his zero chances statement.

Nope, Im correct, when your inlaws arrived they received a cabin changed, this was done through corporate during the assignment process and not onboard or at the pursers office.

SO LET ME Rephrase it again. You can not go to the Pursers Desk and ask for an UPGRADE.

Zero Chance !!!

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

My PVP explained it to me like this. In order to continue advertising the cheap cabins they must have them available. So in turn when they fill up the cheapest cabins they bump the interior guest to an ocean view, the ocean view guest gets bumped to a baclony and the balcony guest to a suite.

Just got my docs in the mail last week and was upgraded from a balcony to a suite. I sent a thank you email to my PVP "assuming" they hadn't made a mistake. He called and told me he rarely had anything to do with an upgrade, just luck of the draw.

Archived