Total "Noo-b" here going on first cruise 8/30

Sangela

Aloha, new member here. :D So glad I found this board, and I"ve been lurking here (more like obsessing, lol ;) ) over my first cruise.

Wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences, tips and tricks, very helpful.

My sweetie and I are really stoked about this, as it's our first "real" vacation in a while. We have been threatening to go on a cruise for the LONGEST time and finally the planets aligned, and we booked a 4 day cruise to Cabo on Elation.

Yep, he finally nagged me enough, even sent me links to cruises sailing out of San Diego, and said "just pick a date and lets' GO". Gotta love him.

No real questions, as you all did a fantastic job answering many of my ???'s already, and for that I am most grateful.

I have a feeling from reading all the posts that 4 days is going to be a major "teaser" of a cruise, but it's a start, and for that I"m grateful.

I even found a gorgeous tankini bathing suit today that was $104 marked down to $15...:eek: (and it actually looks GOOD on me, call the Guinness Book of World Records!!!! Hahahahahah!!) Shopping for bathing suits is always hellish, but when you find the right one, it's like hitting LOTTO!

Gotta love those end of season sales..:p

Anway, thank you for the advice, laughs, tips and tricks.

Life is good and getting better by the day...:D 6 more days.

I have a feeling from reading all the posts that 4 days is going to be a major "teaser" of a cruise, but it's a start, and for that I"m grateful.

It will even become more of an obsession after your first cruise when you are looking for a longer one.

The for day cruise to cabo really is nothing special, just a short get away but if you like that one, i'm sure the next one will be longer, on bigger ships and better ports.

Have a great cruise.

Aloha, new member here. :D So glad I found this board, and I"ve been lurking here (more like obsessing, lol ;) ) over my first cruise.

Wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences, tips and tricks, very helpful.

My sweetie and I are really stoked about this, as it's our first "real" vacation in a while. We have been threatening to go on a cruise for the LONGEST time and finally the planets aligned, and we booked a 4 day cruise to Cabo on Elation.

Yep, he finally nagged me enough, even sent me links to cruises sailing out of San Diego, and said "just pick a date and lets' GO". Gotta love him.

No real questions, as you all did a fantastic job answering many of my ???'s already, and for that I am most grateful.

I even found a gorgeous tankini bathing suit today that was $104 marked down to $15...:eek: (and it actually looks GOOD on me, call the Guinness Book of World Records!!!! Hahahahahah!!) Shopping for bathing suits is always hellish, but when you find the right one, it's like hitting LOTTO!

Gotta love those end of season sales..:p

Anway, thank you for the advice, laughs, tips and tricks.

Life is good and getting better by the day...:D 6 more days.

Welcome and congrats for finally "de-lurking"!

Just pack a good attitude, and look at this as an appetizer for upcoming cruises!

Elation is my favorite ship of all time (and I'm a lifelong cruiser since a baby), it's the perfect not too big, not too small ship, especially for a first cruise (in my opinion)...

I'm just jealous it's sailing out of San Diego now, as I'm "stuck" with Paradise (as a close second) sailing out of Long Beach...

Just look for all the good things, enjoy, and have a great time!

CJW

You will have a great time!!

I think a four day cruise will be just the thing to wet your appetite for cruising!

I've pingponged around on different cruise lengths and i have enjoyed each cruise no matter what the length. (3 days, 7 days, 8 days, this time going for a five dayer!!)

I've been on shorter cruises after being on longer cruises and have had just as much fun as the longer cruises.

Sometimes you have to go with what fits in the budget, that's what we did this year and are going on the 5-day elation because the seven day was over twice the price for just two more days, so hubby and I decided on the 5 day because it's what we could afford this time around!!

Have a fantastic time!!

For a first cruise you picked a great one. It is only 4 days but ya get to go to Cabo! One of my favs on the Mexican Riviera. We just did the 5 dayer on the Elation out of San Diego and had a blast! This was the second time we have been on the Elation. She is a great ship!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Cool! :D

Thanks for all the good words, we are REALLY looking forward to this cruise. Been running around doing errands and picking up stuff, so now all we need to do is laundry and packing, and we are good to go!

I will be sure to post a reveiw when we get back, I know it was most helpful for me to read the reveiws, and research stuff that I was curious about.

Kurbanfan, quick question since you were recently on the 5 day cruise, did the Elation adjust their ships time to MST when in Cabo?

I"m a bit worried as I booked an excursion, (independently, not thru CCL), and it leaves at 9am Cabo time, which will work if the ship time changes, but if not, I will have to change my excursion to one that leaves later.

What was your experience?

Thanks in advance! :)

Archived