Wine Coffee "Adult Beverages"

Live4cruises

Does anyone have (or know where the information is posted on HAL's website) the list of wines from which to choose for the Navigator's and Admiral's choice packages? Do those lists vary frequently, or are they fairly stable?

Also, 10 Espressos will likely not be enough for DH on a two week cruise. Will we be able to buy a second card mid-cruise, or must cards be bought in advance or on the first couple of days? We cruised last year on the Prinsendam, and really enjoyed what turned out to be the last of the free "good" coffee!

Likewise, can the alcohol/set up packages be "refreshed" on board, or must we determine our thirst levels before we go?

We've only got 7 more months - gotta plan!:D

Thanks for your help!

Does anyone have (or know where the information is posted on HAL's website) the list of wines from which to choose for the Navigator's and Admiral's choice packages? Do those lists vary frequently, or are they fairly stable?

Also, 10 Espressos will likely not be enough for DH on a two week cruise. Will we be able to buy a second card mid-cruise, or must cards be bought in advance or on the first couple of days? We cruised last year on the Prinsendam, and really enjoyed what turned out to be the last of the free "good" coffee!

Likewise, can the alcohol/set up packages be "refreshed" on board, or must we determine our thirst levels before we go?

I can't answer the wine question - try asking it at hal_ship_services@hollandamerica.com (there are underscores before and after "ship", not spaces) or call 800-207-3547.

Coffee cards, wine cards, and other packages can be purchased throughtout the cruise, although they will only be "pushed" the first couple of days.

My sister's boyfriend got a new wine card part way through our cruise. I don't think that's ever a problem - the waiters/bartenders seem to prefer it when you use a card. I'm sure HAL does too b/c as it happens he didn't use up the card. Some lucky passenger will get three free glasses of wine if they find the hidden card somewhere on deck 8.

The waiters HATE it.

And they really hope no one finds the cards.

That was most helpful, Mariner, dank u wel.

Navigator's Choice Wine Package:

White Wine

Robert Mondavi Private Selection Riesling, California

Monkey Bay Chardonnay, New Zealand

Caliterra Chardonnay, Chile

Danzante Pinot Grigio, Italy

Blackstone Sauvignon Blanc, California

Red Wine

Twin Fin Shiraz, California

Three Blind Moose Cabernet Sauvignon, California

Veramonte Merlot, Chile

Ravenswood Zinfandel, California

Marchesi Di Frescobaldi Remole, Italy

Kiara Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, California

Laboure-Roi Pinot Noir, France

Admiral's Choice Wine Package:

White Wine

Four Emus Chardonnay, Australia

Columbia Winery Gewurztraminer, Washington

Silverado Sauvignon Blanc, Napa, California

Laboure-Roi, Macon Village, France

Franciscan Chardonnay, Napa, CA

I'm Rose, Napa, CA

Red Wine

Spellbound Cabernet Sauvignon, California

The Jibe Pinot Noir, New Zealand

Niner Merlot, Paso Robles, CA

Marchese Di Frescobaldi Castiglioni Chianti, Italy

Blackstone Syrah, California

Ravenswood Icon, Sonoma, CA

Proost! Cheers!

Also, 10 Espressos will likely not be enough for DH on a two week cruise. Will we be able to buy a second card mid-cruise, or must cards be bought in advance or on the first couple of days? We cruised last year on the Prinsendam, and really enjoyed what turned out to be the last of the free "good" coffee.

If a person (like myself) drinks straight espresso coffee, the card is not a good deal. The card is 10 coffee-based drinks for $29.90. A double espresso in the Explorations Cafe is only $1.75. The card would pay for itself if one drinks more elaborate concoctions. Unfortunately I don't have the menu to demonstrate.

Archived