NCL Pearl - Anyone familiar with BA aft cabins 10668 or 10168?

riu girl

All I can say is grab one while you can! I have never seen anyone post a negative comment about those aft cabins. You'll be between passenger decks, so no noise issues from above or below.

We were in an aft cabin on the Sun that was right below the Great Outdoors Cafe, where people above could look down onto our balcony, where ash from the smokestack drifted down onto our balcony, where we could hear the chairs being dragged when the deck was being cleaned every morning. And, still, we'd choose that particular cain again in a heartbeat!

You won't experience any of those issues where your cabin selections are located. In fact, we're going to try for one of those when we book our next cruise.

Thanks for the input.

I just looked at the ship plans and it looks like we can also select BA 6834 or BA 8134. Would you choose a cabin on the 10th deck (10668 , 10168) or would the eighth deck (8634, 8134) be more desirable?

And why?

Also, are the balconies on BA Aft cabins larger then the balconies on mid-ship BA cabins?

Thank you

Thanks for the input.

I just looked at the ship plans and it looks like we can also select BA 6834 or BA 8134. Would you choose a cabin on the 10th deck (10668 , 10168) or would the eighth deck (8634, 8134) be more desirable?

And why?

Also, are the balconies on BA Aft cabins larger then the balconies on mid-ship BA cabins?

Thank you

I would choose Deck 10 over Deck 8 because the bowling alley and nightclub will be directly under you if you get one of the BAs on Deck 8. It could be noisy, but this is only conjecture on my part. I think it's always better to be sandwiched between passenger decks if you can be.

We also like to be as high on a ship as we can get, because we like the views better.

I have no idea whether the aft cabins/balconies are larger than those on the sides of the ship. Have you checked the sizes on cruisestateroom.com or cruisedeckplans.com?

• 11 months later...

I am booked for the BA cabin 10668 for my honeymoon. I have done TONS of research on what is best. The deck is A LOT bigger on deck 10. That is about the only difference between them. I know in out cabin it will hold 4 ppl. So I would go with deck 10. I've heard it is Amazing, and cant wait.

I am booked for the BA cabin 10668 for my honeymoon. I have done TONS of research on what is best. The deck is A LOT bigger on deck 10. That is about the only difference between them. I know in out cabin it will hold 4 ppl. So I would go with deck 10. I've heard it is Amazing, and cant wait.

i will be in that same cabin 10668 on her dec. 14th sailing. when are you going to be in her?

If so, please tell me all about these two cabins.

We are trying to decide between one of these two BA aft cabins or a BA mid-ship cabin on same deck.

Thank you

the cabin from what i have been told is great, it has a large balcony and the views off the back, especially during sunset are fabulous. and the location is great. it is just two decks below the garden cafe, so in the morning you do not have to walk the entire ship to get something to bring back to your cabin. see my post titled " fantail cabins on the pearl" on this board, there you will see a lot of information and a pictuire of the rear of the ship.

I was in 10168 on the Pearl's sister ship, the Jewel. The cabin is the same size as other BAs but the larger balcony is certainly a plus. The lack of wind allows for greater use. Have the steward bring you a couple offull size lounge chairs if you'd like. Plenty of room for them.

The mini suites on Deck 11 and Great Outdoors on 12 do look down on the balcony but can only be seen if you're standing at or very close to the railing. An occasional empty sugar packet would blow onto the balcony and on a couple occasions some miniscule black pellets from the funnel.

The location allows easy access to the buffet on 12 and the dining room a few decks below. I would definately sail in this cabin again if lucky enough to grab it!

Archived