Port side or Starboard...which is best and why?

KC Cruiseaddict

What location do you request for your room when booking your cruise?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What location do you request for your room when booking your cruise?

Since I really do not know anything about this, I am only going to go by what our friends told us to do when we booked our cruises together. We have connecting rooms on the Port side. He said because that is the side the ship docks on and we would see a lot more of the sights on that side.
Peg

I would be a little concerned about a TA that gives that advice. Many piers dock ships on both sides of the pier. Therefore, ½ of the ships are docked with the port side next to the pier and ½ with the starboard.

At some piers the ship faces the land. So one side of the ship will look out to the water and the other to the pier.

Has the TA ever taken a cruise?:rolleyes:

Chalrie

Port side is the left side of the ship and has nothing to do with facing the port. Depends on where you go and docking...In your case in St. Thomas there are only 3 ships in port that day. I will be on the Liberty. All 3 ships will be docked at Havensite Pier. Starboard side will face the dock and not the harbor and town. St. Marteen you will either be facing the ship docked next to you or the hill. Not the bay or town. In Nassau...if you dock on the right side of the pier (most of the time) you will be facing the port. If docked on the left side of the pier you will be looking in your neighboring ships cabins...

Go to www.cruisecal.com and enter sailing dates. It will show you all the ships in port with you.....Oh yes...in other ports it is best to be on the starboard side....just not these ports...

Hi Jessemon,

That's great!! :D

Thanks for the info...I'm checking our cruisecal now...

- Rhonda

Rhonda

I will be with a large group of Realtors we are doing our update classes on Sea days. My DH and I will be doing an inside cabin. I look forward to this cruise.

Liz

Hey Liz,

:eek: Small world! I too am a pesky Realtor, and so is a friend of mine who is going as well. We even have a lender and some of our clients in our group of 69 "Fun Seekers!" Lol! Didn't know there were gonna be Realtors on the ship...how many are going in your group?...and let's move this portion of the conversation to the Roll Call thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=431969

- Rhonda

Archived