CrystalWater

What Location on Any Ship  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What Location on Any Ship

• Forward
    • Mid-Ship
    • Aft
    • Complete Aft off the Back of the Ship with the Wake

On the big ships I like to be close to the aft elevators when the buffet and a pool are in that location. On smaller ships (sun class Princess) when the buffet is forward, we like to be midship. Never have tried the stern cabins. I don't think we would like the constant sound of the wake back there. Love the peaceful side balconies on Caribe Deck or lower, but we like at least a half covered balcony. Also loved our midship hump cabin on the Island Princess.

We are!! It is lovely and soothing to hear the wake and the views are spectacular - sunrise and sunsets. I think you see more from here and it is good for sailaway etc.

No noise to disturb us and have never been bothered by vibration or anything else for that matter. Perhaps a little far away from the spa (right at the front) but luckily we are still fairly mobile.

Have been in the corner aft suites with the wrap balcony (bliss) and also the balcony cabins (long balcony - can take loungers as well as tables and chairs). Better bargain than all the others!! Whoops - shouldn't have said that - may never get another!!!:D Just our opinion of course - otherwise there wouldn't be much point building ships that take 3000 pax:)

Glenda

For people that have been completely on the back aft with the wake, please share their thoughts, good and bad.

My wife and I cruised Voyager of the Seas back in January on an aft balcony. It was on deck six which is the lowest level of the balconies on that part of the ship.

In truth the only bad thing (if you can even call it that) was the distance to the cabin from the elevators and stairs.

Since the major cruise lines all run stabilized ships, flutter is almost non-existent. I suppose if you went out on an older ship you might have to deal with it, but it's fairly rare these days. There's more motion compared to the mid-ship cabins. Take a non-drowsy Dramamine and go with it. We had 12 foot seas one night on Voyager, it was a non-issue.

Upside is huge, no crowds of people stomping past your door at ridiculous-thirty in the morning. You can see more sea (or islands as you pass) and less ship from your balcony. Room service is just as quick when you want breakfast out on the balcony too. Watching your last stop disappear in the distance is also enjoyable.

Overall, the aft cabins tend to have bigger balconies than the mid-ship cabins as well. Ours was at least twice the size of the standard mid-ship cabins. It even had lounges you could not have placed on the other balconies.

We specifically book aft cabins now. We can usually get a better price for those cabins too. So for us it's the best of both worlds. A better view for a better price.

We enjoyed hearing the sound of the wake when we were aft on the Conquest. The only bad thing was salt spray on everything. Luckily I read about that on CC and brought along some wipes. Unfortunately, it was Chlorox wipes. Apparently, the salt from the ocean and the the chemicals in Chlorox make a chemical reaction and made the wipes very warm. The glass portion of the balcony railing stayed covered in salt spray for the duration of the cruise. I wrote "wash me" in the salt spray in large letters.

Archived