Atlantis Sub? Anyone Done?

golferdog

We'll be doing a back to back in Oct on the Pearl. We're late 60ish and were wondering about the ladders on the sub for the ladies--hard to do? Is this a worthwhile excursion to do and which island is the best to do it on? thx for the help!

We went on the Atlantis Submarine excursion in Barbados. We each had backpacks on our backs and managed "down the hole" without any problem. There are people to assist you down the ladder anyways, but it is what it is - a vertical metal ladder.

Otherwise, it's benched seating the length of the sub, with full windows on either side. We saw some awesome underwater scenery at the reefs and of course plenty of sea life. Just make sure you know how to take pictures without flash!

I did the Atlantis sub in Bahamas........it wasn't worth the $$$ to me. Of course, that has been 10 years ago!

Some people really enjoy it. I just don't remember seeing anything that impressed me. As for the stairs......I agree with Auntie. you shouldn't have a problem. You actually go out on a boat to the sub & they help you transfer over so there are people there to help for sure.

My friends and I went on the sub in Grand Cayman a couple years ago. Some were worried that the "hole wouldn't be big enough for ample folks to go down, but it was fine, and like someone else said, they assist you. It's only a few stairs and really not a problem. It's also airconditioned and quite comfortable.

I was expecting it to be more colorful than it was, but when you get down that deep, the colors disappear. But it's a cool experience, and I truly enjoyed it!:D

Archived