Getting a little lost here

Lovetocruisefar

I think im going on the golden on 10/28,

Now i cant figure these few things out

Which port am i actually leaving out of long beach or san pedro?

does anyone have a compass so i can view the food selections and activities?

i hear this ship is better than dawn

thanks all in advance

You are leaving out of San Pedro. Only Carnival leaves out of Long Beach.

Golden is in the Grand class while Dawn is the Sun class. Both are older now but the Dawn Sun class is older than the Golden. Actually we are considering taking the Dawn because she stays at the ports longer for the Mexico run. Cabo is way too short leaving at 2 on the Golden as we did with the Diamond and the Dawn stays at PV til 10 p.m. which would alllow us to experience some night life for once.

Princess ships do not have in their daily paper the food selections and they are called Princess Patters.

how much night life can i get into if ship leaves at 10?

Is food good, what would u compare it to?

do they have 24 hour room service?

i like anytime seating

More nightlife than your ship leaving at 5 or 6.

I have no idea about how good the food is on either ships, they change from week to week anyway as we noticed on the Caribbean Princess as far as tastes and quality.

Dawn is suppose to have anytime dining. We also like anytime dining. I just don't want to leave what was the most interesting stop on our Mexican Riviera trip, Cabo, catching the last tender at 1:30 when other ships stay a few hours longer.

Been doin some research

Does anyone know if the golden princess does a 24 or midnight buffet during the mexican tour in octand if so what kinda of food can i expect at these?

Do they have anytime dining also?

Also im sure that would be nice to watch pro football on the muts, do they do that often?

Starting to get excited here about the golden, but i really like the fact that the dawn stays in ports longer

Been doin some research

Does anyone know if the golden princess does a 24 or midnight buffet during the mexican tour in octand if so what kinda of food can i expect at these?

Do they have anytime dining also?

Also im sure that would be nice to watch pro football on the muts, do they do that often?

Starting to get excited here about the golden, but i really like the fact that the dawn stays in ports longer

I can't answer all of your questions but. . . .

Princess doesn't do midnight buffets but you can usually get food somewhere anytime you want it. Not sure about 24 hours since we aren't usually up past midnight. The food in Horizon Court (the buffet) is varied and plentiful. The menu varies with the time of day but you can always find something you like.

It does have anytime dinning.

Golden doesn't have MUTS on board but you may be able to find football (especially the big games) shown somewhere on board.

I think only the smaller Princess ships (Royal, Pacific, Regal) have only traditional dining. The Horizon Court is open all day long (unless things have changed in the last couple of years). There are two entrances so that when food is being changed out on one side (say late night to breakfast, breakfast to lunch, etc.), the other side is still open. No midnight buffets, but at least you don't have to wait in incredible long lines to get a snack at midnight.

Homemade ice cream with toppings can be found in the Horizon Court around 3:30 to 4:30 pm, but you can also get ice cream in the dining rooms during meals.

Every morning you can check out the day's menus outside any of the dining rooms.

We have been on the Golden and the Dawn in the last few months. Both have anytime dining, but on both our trips we ate in the Horizon Court every night. The views from up there are so great, but no lobster! The balcony cabins on Caribe Deck on the Golden are very large with a dining height round table and four chairs. The Golden has better closet space. If you go on the Dawn and want a balcony, get one on Baja Deck. The balconies are built into the hull on that ship and the openings on Baja and Aloha are larger than Caribe. We went to Mexico on the Golden and Alaska on the Dawn. We enjoyed both ships, but I would lean toward the Golden if the times in port are not that important to you.

Archived