Ft. Lauderdale hotels with shuttles to hotel and port?

rin1

I am cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale in March. This is probably too much to hope for, but I'm looking for a low-cost but decent hotel that offers shuttle service to FLL and/or the port. Any such options or am I dreaming?

Quite a few to choose from. The Sleep Inn and Suites in Dania, The Marriott Courtyard Airport/Cruiseport in Dania, The LaQuinta Inn and Suites in Hollywood, the Comfort Inn and Suites in Davie, The Hampton Inn and Suites in Plantation, that's just for starters. There's a few more if you don't like those....;)

We have two rooms booked for 11-23-07 at the Hampton Inn, Plantation. Free parking and shuttle to and from port. $119.00 per night. The reviews on trip advisor really convinced me. Hav a nice cruise.:)

I can't believe that there are so many hotels that meet both criteria. Thank you! :)

We just spent a pre-cruise night at the Sleep Inn in Dania. We called from the airport to pick us up via the hotel shuttle. Took only a few minutes to arrive. The hotel was clean and affordable. There is a free breakfast in the morning. There is a shuttle to Port Everglades in the morning. But you need to sign up for that the night before.

We have two rooms booked for 11-23-07 at the Hampton Inn, Plantation. Free parking and shuttle to and from port. $119.00 per night. The reviews on trip advisor really convinced me. Hav a nice cruise.:)

I just checked their website and the going rate is $159/night. Did you get a preferred rate?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actively checking out these hotels. I'm looking for something under $100 a night if possible, which is very difficult that weekend. (Unfortunately haven't been able to find great rates at any of the aforementioned hotels.) It doesn't have to be amazing - clean, relatively comfortable, no cockroaches, etc.

For a pre-cruise night on the Saturday before Easter I found a rate of $140 for the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South, at 2520 Stirling Rd in Hollywood. This hotel gets good reviews on TripAdvisor and offers free shuttle from FLL and to Port Everglades. I found this rate through a hotel special section on the Southwest Airlines web site. All the other listings for this room I could find were around $198/night. Good luck.

David

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, Plantation last year and had a great experience. We are staying there again this year:p .

For a pre-cruise night on the Saturday before Easter I found the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South, at 2520 Stirling Rd in Hollywood.

Just be careful, there have been problems in the past that seem to have been addressed. Search these boards for posts from other cruisers experiences there. ;)

Bequia --

Thanks for the heads-up. It would appear that the negative comments pretty much turned around to positive this past February/March. If they are truely at Choice/Comfort Inn standards we will be happy. We are coming on Saturday evening from MIA and will have a rental car, so will be able to go out to dinner and not be too concerned with the immediate neighborhood. I'm thinking about the Tropical Acres restaurant which you recommended highly on another thread. Should be only 5 to 10 minutes from the hotel. Despite my choice of this hotel, I do track your recommendations on these boards. And we may yet wind up in another hotel through priceline. Thanks for your help.

David

Archived