PB water depth and ice cream

cruiseazle

Hi...two questions...

1. How quickly does the water go from beach to deep, at Paradise Beach? My two kids are not comfortable in very deep water, but do like to go out far enough to feel like they are in the water.... At Castaway Cay, they could go out quite a ways before it got over 5 feet in depth...how does that compare to Paradise Beach?

2. Does anyone have a suggestion for where to get ice cream in Cozumel? My 7 year old is on a quest to eat ice cream "in every country in the world" (9 down, quite a few to go!)...it would be nice to find "real" ice cream, rather than Nestle bars :)

Thanks for your help.....

I'm not sure about where to get ice cream there, but I just wanted to say what a great idea that is. I'm sure my 9 y.o. would love that! Does eating ice cream on the ship count for anything? Hope you find a great ice cream spot... I'm sure someone that lives there can pipe in and lead you in the right direction.

I'll ask what she thinks about ice cream on the ship...we could create a "high seas" sub-category.

We take pictures of her with the ice cream in each place...it is a great souvenir!

The rest of us are not on the same quest, but we eat the ice cream just to keep her company....;)

I sure can help on this one! Ice cream is my only vice...if you don't count cerveza! At Punta Langosta there is a Baskin Robbins and Haggen Daz. There are also several La Michocana places around town (Juarez between 10 & 15 and 1st between 10 & 15 are both very close to the main square). They sell several flavors of mexican ice cream. It is 100% safe to eat...made with purified water! My favorite flavor is the orange with pineapple striped. Or the coconut. Or the lemon. Or the.....

It is 100% safe to eat...made with purified water! ..

Solita, this is a very important point, eating ice cream in certain places can be a health risk. Sometimes its the water sometimes the milk, in any event you need to be careful and stick with well known names.

I have never gotten sick from the ice cream or water or food. Not once - but then again, I do not drink faucet water and no one else I know does either. I stop on the average, 5 times a week and get a small scoop of mexican ice cream on my way home. Don't get me wrong...I love all ice cream but the price of Baskin Robbins and Haagen Daz makes it an occasional treat ($2-4 a scoop in a cup).

cruiseazle...there is one stretch of sand at the beach were you can walk out quite a ways. It's located to the left of the dolphin statues at the shore.

If you're still around at PB at 2-3pm, there is a guy who rides his cart in, selling home-made ice cream that his wife made earlier that day! It's delicious and he usually has 3 flavours for sale including choc, strawberry, coconut, vanilla, and lime. Have fun!

Archived