DICAPac Vs Aquapak....

Any opinions on which of these two is better? I understand that the most common complaint seems to be access to your small buttons while in the pac. I have a small canon camera that does have a small zoom thingy :confused: Im obviously not very camera savvy ;) Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

Any opinions on which of these two is better? I understand that the most common complaint seems to be access to your small buttons while in the pac. I have a small canon camera that does have a small zoom thingy :confused: Im obviously not very camera savvy ;) Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

I have heard good things about the AquaPak and the DICAPac seems to get good ratings...looks like a toss-up.

When in use underwater, zoom is not an issue. Water has a different refractive index than air and things seem closer than they are (sort of the opposite of the passenger side mirror on your car:D ). Your widest-angle setting would be best.

Power and shutter will be your main concern. Since you have a Canon, have you considered one of their dedicated UW housings?

Happy shooting!

Dave

I actually bought the DICAPac for my digital camera.

1- Kinda tough to get the camera INTO the pouch.

2- You are trusting a glorified ziplock bag to keep the water off of your digital camera.

I opted not to use it, so I'll just re-sell it back on ebay. After looking at it, if it leaks even a little, my camera will be toast and I'll be out a camera for my entire trip.

I'm heading out on another cruise mid December. Looking at underwater digital cameras now. For $200 bucks, why not :)

I thought they were supposed to be okay for things that arent too far down... up to 15 feet or so. I had no idea that they werent to be used underwater. Thank you for your advice.

Here is my take on that. They will protect your camera to that depth, but I think the actual operation of the camera at that depth would be problematic. The pressure on the control buttons at that depth could make them inoperative.

Here is what am doing this time around. Since I don't have the cash for a dedicated water proof housing, and don't use my camera in the water enough to justify the price, I just picked up a fuji one time use waterproof camera. I have used these before, and even though you will not get the high quality pictures of your digital, you will get pretty decent ones (as long as you don't go too deep. I will be getting them developed on a cd without prints(around $4 at target), so I can adjust them digitally.

Not the highest quality solution, but I would rather risk an $8 disposable than buy a bag that could possibly leak.

MAC

Archived