Has Anyone Done 1 of the Member Cruises?

Hi to all! Looking @ a Seranade cruise out of SJN next November that is a RCCL Member Cruise? Does anyone have any info on what makes these different than other cruises? Thanks in advance! Angel p.s. also thinking of either a GS ot the OS. Any info on these cabins on a Radiance class would be greatly appreciated! :D

Gifts every night in the cabin which included some upscale gifts.

More activities during the at sea days which includes some better prizes

Entertainment is kicked up a notch

More Loyalty reps with larger OBC (we did members on Freedom and got $400 OBC for booking Alaska Cruise)

General services and parties are upgraded because the majority of guest are Plat or Diamond level.

We have put a deposit down on a member cruise for next year. We are Diamond members, but I worry that there might be a downside to such a cruise....crowded concierge lounge?...crowded satelite lounge?....any lack of/reduced quality of services due to the "group" nature of the cruise?

Leslie

I'll let you know in 16 days! :) I am on the Radiance Ultimate Alaska Members cruise leaving Vancouver on 9-14-07. My "expectations" are that there will be more activities, prizes, goodies etc. Diamond and D+ members are also offered a complimentary excursion. We were offered a combination salmon bake and Mendenhall Glacier tour. My expectations are also that since most of the members will be C & A members with lots of cruises, that yes the CL will be packed and the satellite lounge will be even more packed! I really don't expect to get priority boarding or disembarking. I mean, really, how can that happen? From what I've heard there are 400-450 D/D+ members on our cruise. So, I am going with the attitude that there are always at least 400 folks with the same or higher priority than me!

Oh, and we will be in an OS, so I can report a little more about that when we get back too!

Thanks Murphy! I'll be looking for that review when you get back! Have a wonderful cruise!

Judi-Thanks for the info! If we book it;I'll come on over and join you guys! I was thinking I'll book when on the Mariner next month for the OBC.

Anyone know where I can see some pic's of the radiance class GS or OS? Thanks to all! Angel:D

Archived