Coki Beach Scuba

drogerm

We did a couple of shore dives from Coki beach several years ago. I think these were third and fourth dives we did post-certification. As I recall there were some mild currents, which was surprising to us. But the vis was good and the dive master was friendly. At that time, when we made reservations, someone from the dive shop picked us up at the port. Transportation back to the ship was not a problem as there were taxis right at the beach. We are talking about diving there again on our next cruise. The beach definitely became crowded as the day wore on. I would say the earlier, the better. Overall, we had a positive experience as new divers. It will be interesting to see how our experience is 30+ dives later.

My husband and I went in March this year.. it was beautiful, the water was clear... the instructors were super nice. Transportation was provided to and from the cruise ship via the excursion we booked.. I was really freaked out at first when I tried to breath underwater with the scuba gear(it was my first time trying this)- i was really worried because i was almost to the point where i was going to jump out of the water and give it up. The instructor kept telling me "GET BACK UNDER WATER!" and so i would and all of the sudden when i thought i had come to my breaking point a beautiful sea turtle came right in front of me and i was hooked for life! It took no time at all for me to forget what i was doing-- i never wanted to come back to the surface!!!

Have fun and be safe!!

I did the intro to scuba excursion there a couple of years ago. I HAD A BLAST!!!

Very easy dive, now that I have 50+ certified dives under my belt to compare it to. I saw lots of reef fish, spiny lobsters and a turtle.

• 1 month later...

Archived