Travel agent wont give info?

tammyup

I have a awesomw travel agent, she has a company they deal with for wedding coordinators in usvi, but when i had ask who it was she was beating around the bush, and wouldnt give me a straight answer, does she get a cut from the recommendation and should i cut out the middle man(TA)?

I have read before that some travel agents get a cut from some wedding coordinators for the referral. Your experience could lead one to believe what you are thinking...

We booked the cruise through a TA for our group (wedding cruise) and did the wedding stuff directly through a local wedding coordinator where we were marrying since we were marrying off the ship.

If you aren't using the cruiseline wedding coordinator group, definitely check around with other independent coordinators where you are planning to marry. Then compare their services/prices to what your TA is trying to quote you. :)

Hello,

My advice is to seek out another TA, most will be glad to help you out, but if you want to get married off the ship, the lines have special assistants to help you out and the right TA can help guide you as well.

Please feel free to email if you need or have more questions.

Luv2cruize

On piece of advise is whatever you do, don't try and book a cruise wedding without the travel agent. Mine has handled our entire event, all we had to do was send a letter to everyone providing her contact information and she has taken everything from there. That way, if people have $$ questions they don't have to come to you which could be awkward. Also, because she is booking us as a group we are getting great perks such as every 17th person goes free, we get a free cocktail party (we're going to use it as a meet and greet) and we get to give all guests a free photo voucher and 100 dollars off each cabin. The cool thing was we got to use "points" to give the goodies listed above and had lots of options to choose from.

Archived