Anyone ever book a PS? Did you enjoy it?

So I called our TA and booked the ph!!!

You're going to love it! It's big enough, I swear, to get lost in. :D You'll almost be able to go the entire cruise and never see each other---without even leaving the suite. :eek:

Oh, and the hot tub's real nice. ;)

So I called our TA and booked the ph!!! I've kept it a secret since March ... my husband won't know until we board :D. He won't be able to stay mad once he sees the cabin.

Those kids are going to LOVE that private hot tub & kitchen! And ALL of you are going to appreciate the 2nd bath (powder room). :)

Yes, I have the feeling I won't want anything but the PH on future cruises. I'm already trying to figure out how I can do it in 09 which will be a 10 day cruise (not sure on itinerary) to celebrate my 40th birthday.

I also found a TA to transfer the booking to that I think I'm going to be happy with. She seemed pleased when I told her I booked a PH making me wonder just how much an average commission is with HAL; I thought somebody once said 3% which doesn't seem very high, but maybe its adequate when dealing with volume.

Anyway, the TA I found will let me pick up the docs in her office-I hate when they come in the mail and still pay on it up until HAL's final payment date.

We have booked the penthouse for 12/02 on the Westerdam. Our first cruise was over 17 years ago in an inside cabin. My husband refused to go again until we could afford larger accomodations. So we have been raising 5 boys and taking family vacations at the beach.

Finally, this past February, we cruised in the Royal suite on the Millenium. We have been ruined for any other type of vacation! Anyone cruised in this particular suite? Also we are planning to renew our vows and would love to hear from someone who has experienced this on HAL.

We sailed in the Royal Suite for our honeymoon a few years ago. I really like the layout of Celebrity suites, but I'm not a fan of the HAL suites at all. The Celebrity suites have a seperate bedroom (except the Sky), and the bathroom gets larger with the higher level suites.

This is not the case with HAL, except for the PS. The Superior Suites bathroom and room layout is very similar to the Deluxe suites. I like the suites to be more unique then what HAL offers.

However, it seems that the Perks that come with a HAL suite are superior to what you can get with a Celebrity suite.

This is my personal experience with Celebrity and perceived perks with HAL, as we have cruised in their Deluxe Suite, but in their Superior Suite and are traveling in a Deluxe in April. We have been in a Sky Suite, a Celebrity Suite, and a Royal Suite.

Celebrity suite benefits, what I've experienced:

Celebrity Butler: Not much better then a really good cabin steward.

Afternoon Tea service: Okay, but the coffee is terrible, so is the espresso

HORS D’OEUVRES - Okay to terrible

Umbrella in your room - Everyone on our cruises had one in their room or could request one

DVD movies - the selection was old and very limited. They wanted you to buy the movies on their interactive TV.

Computer in your room - This was nice

All of the other benefits I thought were trivial at best.

Since this is a HAL board, I'm sure most people are aware of benefits. I'll just name the ones that I think are much better;

The Neptune Lounge - Celebrity doesn't offer a seperate area for suite guests

Free laundry - really nice on longer cruises

Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill - A nice touch, but I understand the menu is the same as the regular resturant

Better coffee, and espresso - Not a personal experience, but better from what I have read

Fresh flowers - not my thing, but my wife likes them.

There are other similarities between the 2 lines, but they include fruit, and champagne, etc.

I agree with everything you posted about the Celebrity perks except the butler. We had Xavier and thought he was wonderful! We also wondered if our invitation to dine at the Captain's table was because we were in the Royal suite.

The 3 times we were in a suite, we weren't asked. I remember someone posting on the Celebrity site about who gets asked, and apparently there is a tier system.

Please don't get me wrong, I really liked our butlers, however I'm not sure how much more value they offer over a good cabin steward, besides a little more personal attention.

Drew358 can you explain the difference in perks between X and HAL? We loved the Royal Suite but found for just a little more money we could have the Penthouse on HAL.

My rationale exactly! I was originally booked on the Infinity in a CS. I was about to upgrade to an RS and noticed for only a bit more I could get the PS on HAL, the rest is history.

Archived