New Celebrity Cruiser Questions

Nobbi

Hey, fellow CC'ers!

I'm a DCL and Princess cruiser, very new to cruising. Also took the QM2. I am foremost a foodie and so far have not been very impressed by cruise line cuisine. Disney has had the best food so far, in my opinion, with Cunard second (in QG), and Princess third.

I just booked a Celebrity cruise for 2008 since someone pointed out the special wine cruise to me.

The main question I have are:

1. Does anyone know what wine events are included vs extra price ala shore excursions.

2. what "concierge class" give you extra. (If there's a web site link, please just let me know...)

3. Any extra Celebrity "pearls" i.e insider info/suggestions. (Again links to old threads are fine.)

Thanks in advance. ;)

If you go to the Celebrity website, http://www.celebrity.com/ you can register on My Celebrity, enter all your cruise information, preprint boarding documents, and provide them with all required personal information online. Once you have registered your cruise, all extra-cost shore excursions are described including prices. The Celebrity website also has a good list of FAQ's you may want to review. It also describes the amentities associated with each cabin class.

For newbies, I think the only wine events are an extra cost ($6, I think) wine tasting, the so-so glass of champagne you receive upon boarding and the so-so champagne Captain's welcome aboard party. If you have a CC cabin, there will be a bottle of guess what (?) so-so champagne in your cabin. For repeat customers, there are some free winetastings.

At the top of the Celebrity board on this site, there is a sticky that has a lot of information for first-time X cruisers.

Have A Great Cruise,

Les

Archived