Transportation Help from LAX to San Pedro

LisaRhea

We are cruising on Nov. 5th - 9th on Monarch with another couple (4 of us total). We are flying in a day early (Sunday) and have booked the Doubletree at the marina. Our flight out on Friday the 9th is at 1:10pm. We need recommendations on transportation getting from and to the airport. My husband travels all the time and frequents Northern California, but never LA. We were thinking of renting a car when we arrive on Sunday for a one-way rental so we would be able to do some sight seeing - our flight arrives around 11:30am. But, I've learned that the Doubletree offers free shuttle service anywhere in San Pedro - will we need a rental?

Going home Friday morning is a different matter - Friday morning rush hour in LA :eek:! We want reliable and reasonably low-stress transportation.

Those of you who have completed this trip before or live in the area, HELP!! I don't know enough about the area to know if we need to take RCI shuttles, a shuttle service, taxis and if renting a car for one day is a good thing or not.

Thanks!

Lisa

The Super Shuttle will take you from LAX to your hotel for about $15 each. With four of you, a taxi might be cheaper. I am sure that RCI will offer you a transfer back to LAX for the end of the cruise. Look for the shuttle outside of baggage claim when you arrive. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived