Sydney to Louisbourg in October - closed?

I notice that NCL Dawn has a shore excursion in late October to Fort Louisbourg, but the Fort Louisbourg website indicates that services, animation, bakery, etc... are not in operation in October (and their entrance fee is $6, instead of $16).

Does anyone know if NCL gets the place operating for the 2 hours they are there (I think it's a 4 hour trip) - or is this tour just a visit to the grounds and the gift shop for late October cruises to Atlantic Canada?

Is there other transport to Fort Louisbourg from Sydney, NS? Where are we docked/tendered to?

I, too, am trying to find this out. I emailed the park service a few days ago but have not received any info yet. We were going to rent a car and go there on our own but are now wondering with the limited services if we need to plan something else. If I find out anything from the Park I will post again and let you know as well.

Hey guys the one thing you have to remember about louisbourg during this time of the year is the fort semi closes depending on what date you arrive at the 6 dollar entrence fee is a clue if everything was fully open it would be 16.35 per person, if i'm not misstaken after the 15 there will be only 3 or 4 buldings open. As for trans portion to get there is is no running bus service mind you I would give Tartan Tours a call @ 902 578 4501 or email them at tartantours@hotmail.com they provide service to and from louisbourg hope this helps:)

Archived